Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Strongish wind in tinahely and still snowing. I still gotta travel to stillorgan tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antobrien32

Has anyone any idea what it's like in Arklow at the moment???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

south wrote: »
    coming down in waterford city now.. nice and heavy

Blizzard out there sticking like crazy to everything. Worth the wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Snowman10 wrote: »
    you must be up killeshin or somewhere are you?

Not a million mile away from it but on lower ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Waterford: Medium snow coming down now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

leahyl wrote: »
    Is this likely to move westwards??!:D

Dont think they will reach as far as Cork. Seem to be getting as far as Tipp border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Going by that picture, Dublin could be missed entirely?

There is indeed a swathe cut through dublin that is missing out. See Weathercheck's earlier diagram. This passage through dublin always does with this wind direction. If the wind changes, things might change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

diarmuid79 wrote: »
    go and leave your comments elsewhere :p:mad:

this country cannot cope with this type of weather.. this is when alot of accidents can happen because of the bad weather.. If you want snowy weather then move to some place like sweden,

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Navan is teetering on the edge! Are the streamers coming off the top of the Isle of Man likely to get bigger as the night goes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Why do people complain about Gerry Murphy?

That was a great forecast I thought. :)

perhaps Evelyn has had him hypnotised? or has he finally seen the light:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

LookingFor wrote: »
    There is indeed a swathe cut through dublin that is missing out. See Weathercheck's earlier diagram. This passage through dublin always does with this wind direction. If the wind changes, things might change.

We got some in D20 earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Going by that picture, Dublin could be missed entirely?

nope , as the deep cold sets in streamers will pop up in the Irish sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Donnybrook this evening was very slippy, with heavy hail coming down. Kingswood in Tallaght is a winter wonderland... Phoenix Park is like a skating rink in places... be careful people...

What should we expect in Castleknock tonight? A heavy dumping rendering me housebound??? I rather fancy being housebound... bought some wine, dvds and yummy treats... c'mon someone tell me work tomorrow is a no-no!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

bucketing down in waterford:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    this country cannot cope with this type of weather.. this is when alot of accidents can happen because of the bad weather.. If you want snowy weather then move to some place like sweden,

a lot of accidents happen in dry weather as well and rain

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

is there no one from cork here? its all dublin! grr! hahaha! jk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

COME ON WIND.... CHANGE... :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

greenpeter wrote: »
    About 5inchs here in the last hr
    tara.

:eek::eek:

I can imagine after looking at the constant snow cloud train aimed directly at you from just of the coast of the IOM. Bit pissed off tbh though that an even longer string of snow cloud trains aimed at S.Dub Bray etc is producing nothing here. At its heaviest on Sat Sun midnight we were getting about an inch an hour and with 2 hours sat night and 1 hour sunday night that gave us 3 inches down on the seafront.

What I wouldn't give for even 2 or 3 inches an hour even taking into account that you might be exagerating a little with your 5in an hour. Are ye seriously getting 5inches in the last hour? WOW!!

I am hoping that the lack of showers and the lack of sticking atm will resolve itself by midnight. That time is after all when we got our snow on Fri, Sat & Sun nights.

Please let me get up for work at 7am tomorrow to find 8 or 10 inches!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dont think they will reach as far as Cork. Seem to be getting as far as Tipp border.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Tramore Co.Waterford: snow appears to have stopped here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

glossy wrote: »
    a lot of accidents happen in dry weather as well and rain

and if it snows dont drive, have a snowball fight! live a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

People wanting snow doesn't cause snow. I fail to see the point of your whining

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Cheers for the advice - booking my one way ticket to Sweden as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

greenpeter wrote: »
    About 5inchs here in the last hr
    tara.

So close. Only a few rogue flakes here in Ratoath.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

pswanto wrote: »
    is there no one from cork here? its all dublin! grr! hahaha! jk!

Ah hello I'm from cork!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

m2 bouy temp 2.5/dp 0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

right in the middle of the shadow here, icing over and clear starry night.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

mothel wrote: »
    Oh no, my son and his wife are driving back to Greystones with their day old baby. They left at 5. can't get a reply, hope they are ok!

I am sure they are OK, just very focused on the driving. The little day old baby will be fine, snuggled in the car with Mum and Dad, they are tough little critters, babies. Please post when they get home

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Dont get it, was snowing heavily between half 4 and half 5, then it stopped and cleared and now its sleeting real heavily...I thought the temperatures were meant to drop? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Trim getting a decent pasting the past hour or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement