Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

Id sit up all night if I thought anything decent would get thru 'THE SHADOW.'

DUn DUN DUNNNNN!

Jeez sounds like a scary super monster:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Come on wind! Just bend towards the east, Im literally on the border of all that snow and getting none :p

What are the odds that as the temp decreases that streamers may form in the irish sea between us and the isle of man?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Those of you still on the roads, retune your radios to 103.20 Dublin City FM. Good updates in relation to traffic updates, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I think I speak for everything when I say **** you Isle of man, **** you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jake1 wrote: »
    very well explained. Thank you :)

Bastard Isle of Man

Actually edited my post because I thought I had made a crappy analogy. New analagoy involves a beach a stick, the sun and a map of ireland drawn on the sand with a finger :D:D

• Advertisement

Boards are crawling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Jake1 wrote: »
    Id sit up all night if I thought anything decent would get thru 'THE SHADOW.'

DUn DUN DUNNNNN!

Jeez sounds like a scary super monster:)

i stayed up half of last night expecting a load of stuff but it did not appear but go to bed and if you have some in the morning start smiling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

012258.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's been snowing like this of a couple of hours now!

IvySlayer wrote: »

Someone go and blast that ****er out of the water???

BTW, are you Paul Gogarty TD in disguise??

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

IvySlayer wrote: »

Blame Finn MacCoul, it was him put it there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Stupid Isle of Man indeed!! Freezing my bewbs off in Malahide and no frickin snow!! :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hey guys, stuck in Edinburgh at the moment after my flight was cancelled on Monday. Booked in for a flight first thing in the morning, although Im not holding out much hope of it going :/

Say it does go and I get to Dublin Airport, are the buses running to Athlone at the moment?

Then the last leg of my journey, what would be the best way to drive to Limerick from Athlone then? I normally go Athlone -> Cloghan -> Nenagh -> Limerick , but can only imagine the roads would be brutal. Would i be better off going to Galway and then to Limerick?

Thanks

The Galway- Dublin Airport service buses were cancelled today, as was some outbound journies from Athlone itself. There was a few buses running in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Blanch village was terrible. I slid out of superquinn car park onto the main road, then another lad slid out of the next road up straight in front of me. Scary stuff. No way am i driving again in that tomorrow, am a nervous wreck after that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The white stuff has arrived in Arklow :D
    Very windy and it's buurrrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Its all around me but nothing in Ashbourne..... booooooooooo even Kilmoon X is bad. It's like 5 mins away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im at the very edge of the isle of man shadow, snow grains falling for past hour amounting to nothing, im less than a mile from a snow fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Calibos wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

I can imagine after looking at the constant snow cloud train aimed directly at you from just of the coast of the IOM. Bit pissed off tbh though that an even longer string of snow cloud trains aimed at S.Dub Bray etc is producing nothing here. At its heaviest on Sat Sun midnight we were getting about an inch an hour and with 2 hours sat night and 1 hour sunday night that gave us 3 inches down on the seafront.

What I wouldn't give for even 2 or 3 inches an hour even taking into account that you might be exagerating a little with your 5in an hour. Are ye seriously getting 5inches in the last hour? WOW!!

I am hoping that the lack of showers and the lack of sticking atm will resolve itself by midnight. That time is after all when we got our snow on Fri, Sat & Sun nights.

Please let me get up for work at 7am tomorrow to find 8 or 10 inches!!:D

It's not sticking here anyway though (at least with me) it's been snowing plenty on and off and there were mad amounts falling being driven by the wind an hour or two ago but it's just too warm here..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Johnny_Unitis

Anyone know of the prospects for snow in Monaghan are or the north east in general? Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I was gonna post the same thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Just got a load of snow dumped on me in Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lashing down in Drogheda. Loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Conor108 wrote: »
    Here are some twitter posts about the M50. All posted in the last few minutes.

Here's a pic from the M50

I've come to learn a late evening in the office on a snow day is much more preferable to sitting in gridlocked traffic for several hours. I'll stay here all night if I have to. It's been snowing moderately here (south Meath) for an hour or two now, but tbh it's only added a dusting to the snow that was here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

still snowing in tinahely. After the thaw i thought that would be the end of it. Anyone drove from rathnew to tinahely. What the roads are like. I think its all kicking off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Its been going pretty hard on and off in Bettystown (Co Meath) sine about 6.

In my back garden I measured it at about 7 cm , still falling heavily and pink clouds everywhere ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Hello mr streamer.

Snow started a few minutes ago, sticking aswell.

Is it missing South/West Dublin altogether??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Are you Deputy Stagg? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Alicat wrote: »
    Stupid Isle of Man indeed!! Freezing my bewbs off in Malahide and no frickin snow!! :mad:

don't blame the isle of man, just wear a bra. . :P :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

fresh coating of snow in carlow town now...although a thin layer i live in hope that more will arrive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Calibos wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Please let me get up for work at 7am tomorrow to find 8 or 10 inches!!:D
    try the sex and sexuality forum.Oh! and down with that sort of thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement