Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Are you Deputy Stagg? :mad:

I was just joking. Relax.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

delly wrote: »
    Lashing down in Drogheda. Loving it!

Hi Delly, whereabouts are you in Drogheda I'm in the Mell area nothing here yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

I thought I would ask this again, but is there any snow coming to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I was just joking. Relax.:rolleyes:

That is most unparliamentary behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gonzo wrote: »
    im at the very edge of the isle of man shadow, snow grains falling for past hour amounting to nothing, im less than a mile from a snow fest!

Heavy snow in Dunshaughlin as I was driving home (about 6.15) and for about half an hour afterwards but nothing now. There was a good bit of snow between me leaving the house this morning and coming home though! And Dunshaughlin village is like an ice rink, cars sliding all over the main street outside Peters Pub, scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ray Ray

Does anyone know if limerick or kerry is going to get snow anytime soon :rolleyes: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    more likely to happen when the weather is bad..

I do not see your point we dont control the weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

What is the update for tonight ? What area's are expected to get some snow ? Experts please ! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    Hi Delly, whereabouts are you in Drogheda I'm in the Mell area nothing here yet

In grange rath so just over the meath border. A good fall in the last couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Is it missing South/West Dublin altogether??

Yeah pretty much, wind is coming from NE and the Isle of man is splitting the snow in half. Us in Dublin just happen to be in that split :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snowing again here now, still not sticking. Thunder and lightning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

thunder and lightning now:D

Yeah pretty much, wind is coming from NE and the Isle of man is splitting the snow in half. Us in Dublin just happen to be in that split :mad:

Damn the Isle of Man. Damn it to hell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

can we get permission to sink isle of man, would it make a difference to this 'shadow' monstar? :D

jay28 wrote: »
    thunder and lightning now:D

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqitZaNiofY

Enjoy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Thunder/Lightning snow in Rathdrum 20:00hrs.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Friend of mine just sent me this. They have 2 feet if snow !!

http://omg.wthax.org/image0011_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Has been snowing in Enfield for 2ish hours now, and everything is sticking. My school is open tomorrow but not a chance anyone is going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Thunder and lightning right above Ashford, flash and rumbe at the same time - And the graupel is battering down too!

smilgy wrote: »
    Has been snowing in Enfield for 2ish hours now, and everything is sticking. My school is open tomorrow but not a chance anyone is going :D

Enfield isn't too far from me?? Surely it can blow 30 miles south east and hit Dublin 20??

Come on....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

MGMTea wrote: »
    can we get permission to sink isle of man, would it make a difference to this 'shadow' monstar? :D

sorry your request is denined :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lightning here in Dunshaughlin now and can see all the orange snow clouds literally a few fields away from me and there staying there. Need the wind to tilt ever so slightly no the north for it to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Really belting down in Arklow now. 0.1C in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

anything at all for cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Limerick -- probably not, sorry, too far southwest for the snow streamers, but can't rule out a flurry some time.

Monaghan -- some chance of a light coating any time but would say watch out for Thursday night into Friday there, inland northern counties could see snow while freezing rain is unfortunately a concern for areas a bit closer to the west coast and around the central counties towards the inland parts of Dublin-Meath. I'm sure we'll be getting into that Friday stuff as we get closer to the time, but basically, we are looking at a slow and not very complete breakdown of the cold pattern with a weak Atlantic frontal system (very weak actually) and this has resemblance to last winter's Christmas warm front that brought the freezing rain event.

Just a general note here, the streamers should remain quite active most of the night and the coldest air mass will be spreading right to the west coast which makes for the possibility of some very low temperatures returning to any clear districts in the west and central counties, a factor which should beef up the snowfall production closer to the east coast. While the inland parts of Leinster are still more favoured for accumulations, the coast should start to do better especially if we get a drop off of the E-NE wind near the surface and a mesoscale wind boundary setting up again. Then we could get back into that late night heavy snow and thunder scenario.

And when I say we, of course I mean you, it is raining and 6 deg here, sounds mild I suppose but it feels like -3 in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Thunder and lightning right above Ashford, flash and rumbe at the same time - And the graupel is battering down too!
    A massive crack after big blue flash, was in Ashford direction from me, about 2 seconds sound travel away.

A very heavy graupel shower, up to 10mm diameter.
    1.5/-0.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    anything at all for cork??

Judging by raintoday I doubt it unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

8 inches in central Donegal now apparently, theyve been having showers almost constantly since Friday

Only a couple of barely noticable light showers here so far today, seems to be more potential than last night though now the winds have gone a bit more northerly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Snowing again in navan..

• Advertisement

fierce heavy armageddon snow here in arklow,thunder and lightning.
    I'm totally serious,this is going strong and dropped an inch in about the last 10 mins
    It's in the wow territory

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement