Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

yippee heavy fluffy snow in south wexford, outside new ross

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

RT @iweatheronline: m50 closed at sandyford, cars being abandoned #irishweatheronline
    30 November 2010 20:07
    RT @iweatheronline: m50 closed at sandyford, cars being abandoned #irishweatheronline
    Ballymount to Dundrum 65 Mins; Dundrum To Tallaght On M50 Nth 90mins ; Sandyford Ind Est to Blanchardstown via kilmacud Rd, N11,Town and N3
    30 November 2010 20:07
    Ballymount to Dundrum 65 Mins; Dundrum To Tallaght On M50 Nth 90mins ; Sandyford Ind Est to Blanchardstown via kilmacud Rd, N11,Town and N3

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

More Waterford snow, sticking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

smilgy wrote: »
    Has been snowing in Enfield for 2ish hours now, and everything is sticking. My school is open tomorrow but not a chance anyone is going :D

I'd guesstimate a good 5-10cm has fallen since it started. And its the good sticky kind of snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Right, need a guru here.

Is wind turning northerly?

I am in the bottom end of the shadow, South Dublin, on and off snow today. If it turns northerly I lose more snow, if it goes more easterly I gain more snow.

Am I in with a shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I am hearing that the M50 at Sandyford has been closed due to abandoned vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I do love Snow, but also feel sorry for folks who have to take long drives to work ..I only have 20 min walk in Snow & Slush ...but for some
    Anyone around Sandyford, avoid M50 has taken a colleague 2.75 hours to just get onto M50, says it's a car park”
    19 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
    ·

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

errlloyd wrote: »
    Right, need a guru here.

Is wind turning northerly?

I am in the bottom end of the shadow, South Dublin, on and off snow today. If it turns northerly I lose more snow, if it goes more easterly I gain more snow.

Am I in with a shot?

+1 for that question.

We could be in with a shot in my opinion. Just judging from the boards there, it seems more and more northerly towns below south Dublin are getting snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Sick........live in Leixlip and seeing nothing but clear skys.....damn Isle of Man

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Hmmmm think the traffic camera's are having a go slow.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

pollyos wrote: »
    yippee heavy fluffy snow in south wexford, outside new ross

still think we have more snow than you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Hmmmm think the traffic camera's are having a go slow.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They always are these days. I remember that the images used to be time stamped but i see that gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

good bit of snow in gorey tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

I am sure they are OK, just very focused on the driving. The little day old baby will be fine, snuggled in the car with Mum and Dad, they are tough little critters, babies. Please post when they get home

My son and wife and new baby finally home. Took them 3hrs 10 mins to get from Holles St to Greystones. Bray entrance to Greystones closed and Charlestown entrance (beyond the Delgany entrance) EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! Thank god they're home!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Snowing on and off for about 3 hours in Greystones but not really sticking. Its very slusjy still and air temp close to 2 degrees. Not going to stick unless it gets cold, fast, or keeps falling until closer to midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still snowing away heavily but not sticking at all 1.2C/-0.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Judging by raintoday I doubt it unfortunately :(

Oh ye of little faith. I reckon some of those Wexford showers will get this far. That said I was pleasantly surprised when I got home this evening to find my estate is pefectly white as is. Not bad for (technically still) late Autumn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

B1FE3CAF40EE45F08049CA9A15EC70B0-0000316763-0002058436-00500L-53E42BB650D6407FBFA8A4FE86C1CA19.jpg

5FEC6D02B01B4BA9BE078CF315B74A2A-0000316763-0002058437-00500L-BFCD3C3594E74ABABADC66FF50B18A5D.jpg

CE85B065341C434A8FF769A1B8A58688-0000316763-0002058438-00500L-A9476197A97C42C7B02B62E3171AF1A2.jpg

B3091592990A47E2B53F3F1CF52F382D-0000316763-0002058439-00500L-707C359490FC468DA6812393C5413003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Heavy snow in North Waterford at the moment. At least 2cms fresh stuff on ground

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Blizzard :):eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

mick.c wrote: »
    still think we have more snow than you
    that is because you lve up a mountain mick:D:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

trogdor wrote: »

Had that Today in Newbridge , belted down for about 2 hours solid but temps was at .8 so it was not really settling on top of the jeep (The only place that had no snow ) and there was a slight thaw on at the same time also.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

heavy snow waterford last twenty mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Two of the best hours of snow this year in Edenderry. Just been out on a walk with my OH and a friend the snow's up over the ankles, snowball fights with the kids-great fun. Built a snow man this morning and when i was finished there was no snow left now we have twice as much. We are just in the path of the stream of snow coming in from the Irish sea.. No sign of a let up just yet.:Dhappy out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Oh ye of little faith. I reckon some of those Wexford showers will get this far. That said I was pleasantly surprised when I got home this evening to find my estate is pefectly white as is. Not bad for (technically still) late Autumn.

I hope I am proven wrong!! I do think those showers will fizzle out before the they reach the far side of Waterford however :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mothel wrote: »
    My son and wife and new baby finally home. Took them 3hrs 10 mins to get from Holles St to Greystones. Bray entrance to Greystones closed and Charlestown entrance (beyond the Delgany entrance) EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! Thank god they're home!

Glad to hear it. And congratulations on your new grandchild. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

fierce heavy armageddon snow here in arklow,thunder and lightning.
    I'm totally serious,this is going strong and dropped an inch in about the last 10 mins
    It's in the wow territory

I'm in Arklow (down near quay) and theres nothing:rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

trogdor wrote: »

Your post made me look out mate. I face up the Meath road. Light dusting on roads with tyre tracks and on paths, house roofs dusted white and ditto with car roofs. Seems they are slowly melting away before next shower comes

If only these showers weren't 5 minute wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

T15.png?1291148326319

Dont like the temp for later on tonight, hopefully it will be cooler as there seems to be plenty of precip

A15.png?1291148455222

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Some of you might find this quite intresting:

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2010/1130/media-2863634.html#

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement