Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

jarvis wrote: »
    I'm in Ashbourne which it at the top of the shadow and literally just below the edge of the top streamer.

Whats my chances does any one know? How long will it take these streamers to pass me and is there anything behind?

According to the wind forecast here... http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast , the wind between the Isle of Mann and the Irish Coast looks like it's going to change from NE to more ENE.

If this happens, its bad news for Asbourne as it will move more into the center of the shadow. Dublin City and South Dublin however would move into the snow area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Greystones now getting pelted with what looks and sounds like big hail stones or ice

Same in Wicklow we just got pelted with the stuff, nice coating but it's 0.9°C with a Dewpoint of -1.0°C - so unless the temp. drops some or we get more and more I'm not confident it will stick. Schools are back tomorrow officially boo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Now snow for the past hour or so here in Terenure. Got a good pelting around 1730.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm so annoyed and sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Greystones now getting pelted with what looks and sounds like big hail stones or ice

And it's sticking. If it goes keeps going like this could it drop the ground temp enough for decent cover ? Very frustrating watching snow showers all night but too warm to stick !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Been bucketing it down in Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow for the last 2 hours or so. More snow than we've seen for years - even more than last year!! Sticking on top of the stuff that was lying - 7 or 8 inches in places. Maybe tonight's the night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

http://weather.schooldays.ie/

Link for schools closed tomorrow due to weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

M2 buoy dewpoint at 2000 +0.7. temp +3.3. Marginal for snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Wind at the M2 Buoy is now East, Dew Point is up to .7C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah Jaysus, Feck this.

This BrayHead is going to go and watch the telly instead. Wreckin' me head reading all the snowmageddon posts from the Meath Arklow and Waterford heads.

I'll check the threads and look out the window for a while at midnight but unless we have snow by then I'll be quickly heading to bed. Now I know how frustrated the Meath and Waterford heads felt on Saturday night listening to the Brayheads. :D

I'll be absolutely disgusted if I don't wake up to a winter wonderland tomorrow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Some nice new snow and graupel today in Castleknock DUBLIN 15 and the place is like and ice rink. Freezing very hard as I type - 1. Even the light snow shower we had over an hour and a half ago stayed on windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

+0.5c in Lucan at the moment and the sky is fairly clear.
    C'mon snow!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I'm ragers , why do we have to be in the shadow :mad: Come ON wind - change- dying for some snow .

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Been bucketing it down in Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow for the last 2 hours or so. More snow than we've seen for years - even more than last year!! Sticking on top of the stuff that was lying - 7 or 8 inches in places. Maybe tonight's the night!!

I'm in tinahely and were getting the same its just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Two streamers hitting the east coast and I would have to be between the two of them :mad: at least the clear skies have put a stop to thawing- absolutely treacherous when I was out walking the mutt.
    Would a shift in wind direction, however slight change the direction of these streamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Missed the weather forecast will Kilkenny be seeing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Any more snowy weather for us Corkonians?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Calibos wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus, Feck this.

This BrayHead is going to go and watch the telly instead. Wreckin' me head reading all the snowmageddon posts from the Meath Arklow and Waterford heads.

I'll check the threads and look out the window for a while at midnight but unless we have snow by then I'll be quickly heading to bed. Now I know how frustrated the Meath and Waterford heads felt on Saturday night listening to the Brayheads. :D

I'll be absolutely disgusted if I don't wake up to a winter wonderland tomorrow! :D

Been very heavy snow on and off here constantly for the last few hours it's just not sticking..we need the surface wind to go back North-West here again. Just in from the coast is snowmageddon too here, windgates is closed and is impassible.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ray Ray

Was just looking at skynews , looks like ireland is getting rain sleet and snow friday :( does anybody know if we will get much snow friday or is it more rain we will be getting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Coming down nice and heavy now in Waterford. Unfortunately I'm stuck in work until midnight so can't really enjoy it. Hopefully the driving conditions will be ok then.
    nkay I just drove from Ferrybank and the roads are very bad already, I slid on and off the bridge, most people seem to be taking it easy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

mick.c wrote: »
    still think we have more snow than you
    thats why yours all melted and we still have 7" here and now we are getting a good top up lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Anyone know if hell is going to get snow tonight!

Come on anyone know if hell is going to get snow tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Colibri wrote: »
    Any more snowy weather for us Corkonians?

No as per usual...it needs a miracle for snow to fall and settle in Corcaigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Epic whiteout here in Kilkenny. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

In Kilkenny city waiting for snow all day and now it's snowing in Carlow, New Ross and Waterford and nothing here???? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Dublin 2 Reporting :

The wind in the City Center has picked up and changed direction again - East ..the first few clouds are also starting to ride the wind in from the sea.

Teenage daughter is hijacking the computer. I ll be back for good news later (hopefully )
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Epic whiteout here in Kilkenny. :eek:

Where abouts in Kilkenny? I'm in the city and nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

blizzard here in enniscorthy snow sticking to windows and anything it hits:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Where abouts in Kilkenny? I'm in the city and nothing!

South.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement