Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

On those clouds coming up the liffey from the sea ...it is amazing to watch how quickly they are being pulled apart when they hit the HEAT of the City Center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

jimmy.d wrote: »
    thats why yours all melted and we still have 7" here and now we are getting a good top up lol:D

been snowing strong here for the last few hrs . so we arent too far behind you now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Waterford: SNOW SNOW SNOW! Biggest snow weve got in the last couple of days, and its even sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

smokin ace wrote: »
    i got them alright i feel a bit more optimistic now than earlier on but i still think it will be very very little

It looks like we are about to get a really good one! Any minute now?? or maybe that last one was it...
    Check that rain today map. One is headed right for us with the dark orange spot on target.... i think???

I wonder if I'll be able to get out of my driveway tomorrow!

I hope you get enough to suit ya!

(Are we all crashing Boards? I'm getting a lot of "cannot connect" or whatever it says!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Im lovin this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Ha its amazing how active the streamers are..constant flow in to the east coast apart from you know where! And we were getting all excited the other night trying to blow a few northerly streamers in off the east coast or that famous low on Sunday afternoon! Now it is happening.

No snow where I am in D15 but where I work is getting pasted! Hmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Strange, snowing heavily here (south Meath) again but ME radar shows the streamer about half the county to the north atm - or at least it was 5 minutes ago when I first started trying to make this post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

mick.c wrote: »
    been snowing strong here for the last few hrs . so we arent too far behind you now
    hope we all have over afoot in the morn:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Hail/Snowing heavily in carrickmines the past 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

It looks like we are about to get a really good one! Any minute now?? or maybe that last one was it...
    Check that rain today map. One is headed right for us with the dark orange spot on target.... i think???

I wonder if I'll be able to get out of my driveway tomorrow!

I hope you get enough to suit ya!

(Are we all crashing Boards? I'm getting a lot of "cannot connect" or whatever it says!)

yes very very happy:D:D:D:D
    that one has just passed over us but by the looks of things there is another one building just at arklow about now so lets hope we get another good shower like the last one
    i am having the same problem with boards and the same thing happened last night

• Advertisement

Waterford: GUYS TO REALLY HEAVY DOWN HERE!!!! it hasnt been like this in days its sticking aswell......

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

I'm in Callan and we had light snow half an hour ago but nothing now

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me... but was that a flash of lightning? Dundrum~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

any south dublin snow (dundrum area) gonna happen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

DominoDub wrote: »
    Dublin 2 Reporting :

The wind in the City Center has picked up and changed direction again - East ..the first few clouds are also starting to ride the wind in from the sea.

*Gets his hopes up*

i swear to god its A Blizzard down in waterford very heavy snow, you can even hear the howl of the wind, and all the snow is hitting my window..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

jimmy.d wrote: »
    blizzard here in enniscorthy snow sticking to windows and anything it hits:P

Have just received that now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

6.5 inches in Old Bawn/Aylesbury areas in Tallaght since last night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

6.5 inches in Old Bawn/Aylesbury areas in Tallaght since last night

any idea what it's like around homelawn/seskin view?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nothing here since 6pm coz of that stupid shadow, looks like were doomed from it yet again for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Treehere wrote: »
    Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me... but was that a flash of lightning? Dundrum~
    we've had quite a bit of lightening in meath and i've seen other people mentioning it too all over.

it's been snowing on and off all day and night here in navan, but it just seems to be a bit at a time.

fingers crossed it finally decides to stop teasing us and gives us its full load during the night so we can all stay at home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

smokin ace wrote: »
    yes very very happy:D:D:D:D
    that one has just passed over us but by the looks of things there is another one building just at arklow about now so lets hope we get another good shower like the last one
    i am having the same problem with boards and the same thing happened last night

wer bouts in wexford are you 2? in kilmuckridge myself and its spitting at best. disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

still not one flake in wexford town :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Short video of the snow in Edenderry a half hour ago.Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXR2VsRscSk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Looking at the latest radar, the streamers seem to be going more south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Unreal snow in Waterford :D Check out live stats and webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

I didn't even realise it was snowing til I checked the webcam. Haven't moved from the couch for an hour or so I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

yeah, nothing much here in Wexford town either:(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Very heavy snow in Bray all evening... Herbert road is now frozen over so be careful out there ... Very bad accident on it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Snowing strong in Bray,Wicklow atm but it has been on and off all day.looking cool right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Havent had anything in Dublin 4 for a few hours now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement