Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

(Are we all crashing Boards? I'm getting a lot of "cannot connect" or whatever it says!)

Same here, I'm afraid to post anything incase I can't get back, I believe it's some technical probs they were having last night too. Some one posted that it was not related to an over load of members. Funny though it always happens when some thing interesting is going on weatherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ecu

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    No as per usual...it needs a miracle for snow to fall and settle in Corcaigh!

Plenty snow near Kilbrittain, Corcaigh over the last two days, Christmas landscapes :), roads like ice rinks :eek:, steaming Hot Rum Chocolate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Think we might see some action onto Dublin in a bit. m2 is reporting E Winds and I can see some streamers bubbling up from inside the IOM shadow zone..

Hopefully anyways :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

tonyrich1 wrote: »
    wer bouts in wexford are you 2? in kilmuckridge myself and its spitting at best. disaster

i am in camolin and its a non-stop there is a big patch coming right over gorey now so it should bring good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just had 10 mins of heavy graupel on North Dublin/East Meath border. It's settled on the ground so far. Another few showers like that and there *may* be something to play with in the morning. Surprising as I'm less than 200m from the coast here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy snow in Waterford City tonight, here is a clip in the early stages.Its snowing just as heavy now. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJfcWU-3lk

Live Webcam and stats @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Is it accumulating up with you? been snowing very heavily on and off here all evening but it's not sticking at all here..0.8C/-0.5C
    lucy2010 wrote: »
    Very heavy snow in Bray all evening... Herbert road is now frozen over so be careful out there ... Very bad accident on it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Looking at the latest radar, the streamers seem to be going more south
    keep them comming getting a right bashing in enniscorthy lol makes up for last nights non snow event must be the isle of man hint hint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Saganist wrote: »
    Think we might see some action onto Dublin in a bit. m2 is reporting E Winds and I can see some streamers bubbling up from inside the IOM shadow zone..

Hopefully anyways :D:D

i blinky hope so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

beatrice33 wrote: »
    Snowing strong in Bray,Wicklow atm but it has been on and off all day.looking cool right now

where about Beatrice
    - without causing a riot even the kids are sick of it now & are begging to go to school tomorrow........ I had to walk a 2 min trip to the chemist earlier - 15 min each way - Just lethal.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

jimmy.d wrote: »
    keep them comming getting a right bashing in enniscorthy lol makes up for last nights non snow event must be the isle of man hint hint :D

Just waiting till the next radar refresh but defo the northern streamer dropped a good few miles, it would be on course for Maynooth now which has missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Anyone have a link to current and forecasted wind dirrections.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Is anyone in Drogheda or that general area? We're in Collon and it's completely clear - it looks like we're just a bit too far north to catch the northern streamer that I thought was going to hit us :(

Have we any chance of another decent fall? We've ice a-plenty; the Gardai have closed the roads into the village apparently. But being iced into the village is no fun without snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

M2 buoy dewpoint down to -0.3 at 2100.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

mick.c wrote: »
    been snowing strong here for the last few hrs . so we arent too far behind you now
    we're catching up now Mick

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We should declare war on that stupid Isle of Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

trogdor wrote: »
    Is it accumulating up with you? been snowing very heavily on and off here all evening but it's not sticking at all here..0.8C/-0.5C

Its sticking up here at the end of th Killarney Rd. Our road has gone from slush to all white in the last hour. I cleared my car at 6:30pm and it has an inch on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Heavy snow in Waterford City tonight, here is a clip in the early stages.Its snowing just as heavy now. :D

Stopped out here in Kill. I hope more is on the way, I would the call the amount we had 'a nice top up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJfcWU-3lk

:D

Getting heavy snow on and off in south kilkenny here too. I have to drive back to Waterford tomorrow, I wonder will I be able to! :eek:
    Looks like the southeast is going to do very good out of this tonight and in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Another 5 minute heavy horizontal wet snow wonder here near Bray Seafront.

Jaysus, are we going to get any effing dry sustained snow that doesn't melt virtually on contact tonight.

Very pissed off tbh!!

Actually now that I think of it, the fact its not sticking is moot. The 5 minute bursts every 40 minutes or so wouldn't be worth a sh!te even if was accumulating :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

i see a cloud over us in my part of D15 eurospar area, hope there something in for us and fall on us

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Come on streamers , nothing but clear sky right above me and clouds either side , so frustrating , mad jealous of all the snow reports :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the nothern steamer over parts of meath seems to be dying now completely with mainly the streamers over south Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford and Waterford getting stronger. It's looking like no snow for meath, louth and north dublin for the next few hours unless theres a change

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

i'm lookin at the raintoday radar, and according too it Arklow should be getting some snow, but no, not a hint of any:confused:

lookin at the earlier posts, it seems everywhere around arklow is getting it:mad: Snow sheld def up over us:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

ntlbell wrote: »
    any idea what it's like around homelawn/seskin view?

I left Millbrook about 8ish. Seskin View itself isn't bad. Looks worse than it is. Problem taking off at lights to get on to by-pass though. I suggest you stay on the flat. Tiny little hill, but enough to cause a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

What are the most commonly used weather sites here? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Heavy snow in Greystones now and sticking nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

yup, proper heavy snow in greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Definite change in tack on the northern streamer

Does look to now be on a track towards Maynooth

Anyone else have any thoughts ?

The southern one seems to have drifted south also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

:D

Getting heavy snow on and off in south kilkenny here too. I have to drive back to Waterford tomorrow, I wonder will I be able to! :eek:
    Looks like the southeast is going to do very good out of this tonight and in the morning.

Still snowing as heavy here Maq and looking at the Radar there is a lot more on the way :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement