Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭traco

Just been out my back garden in Portmarnock, clear skies overhead and clouds to the north and south. I wouldn't believe the shadow effect of the Isle of Man if I didn't see it.

Here's hoping we get a wind shift, kids are so disappointed there has been no more snow and we had a considerable thaw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Calibos wrote: »
    Another 5 minute heavy horizontal wet snow wonder here near Bray Seafront.

Jaysus, are we going to get any effing dry sustained snow that doesn't melt virtually on contact tonight.

Very pissed off tbh!!

Actually now that I think of it, the fact its not sticking is moot. The 5 minute bursts every 40 minutes or so wouldn't be worth a sh!te even if was accumulating :(

Come up the road a wee bit - over 2 inches since tea time... roads covered, main rd frozen & a txt to say school open tomorrow............ hmmm - we will see !

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

lucy2010 wrote: »
    where about Beatrice
    - without causing a riot even the kids are sick of it now & are begging to go to school tomorrow........ I had to walk a 2 min trip to the chemist earlier - 15 min each way - Just lethal.....

up in Boghall rd. It has nearly stopped now.Tell me about it!my son has been sick since last Friday so we haven't been able to enjoy the snow that much.I walked to the shop last evening ,it was a good workout lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Gonzo wrote: »
    the nothern steamer over parts of meath seems to be dying now completely with mainly the streamers over south Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford and Waterford getting stronger. It's looking like no snow for meath, louth and north dublin for the next few hours unless theres a change

Doesn't it look like a middle streamer starting though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

5starpool wrote: »
    We should declare war on that stupid Isle of Man.
    We probably owe them €20bn - this snow blocking is eating into our National Debt - I believe the IMF call it tough love....:D

Whatever about a randomly placed island, looks like Limerick aint gonna get any more snow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

i'm lookin at the raintoday radar, and according too it Arklow should be getting some snow, but no, not a hint of any:confused:

lookin at the earlier posts, it seems everywhere around arklow is getting it:mad: Snow sheld def up over us:eek:

it been snowing in wicklow for the last 1h or so

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

beatrice33 wrote: »
    up in Boghall rd. It has nearly stopped now.Tell me about it!my son has been sick since last Friday so we haven't been able to enjoy the snow that much.I walked to the shop last evening ,it was a good workout lol

& the schools open tomorrow - ouch- Corner of Kilbride lane there at clover hill is just a write-off

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Gerry the Snowkiller seems to be saying the word "snow" trough gritted teeth.

Delgany currently resembling a scene from The Heroes of Telemark or Where Eagles Dare...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

north Kilkenny getting serious snowfall now....no sign of it letting up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

t|nt|n wrote: »

I was thinking the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Had about an hour of light fluffy snow. Seems to have stopped now though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Our new famous friends "Streamers" 1 & 2 on RTE News Weather ...but no Isle of Man :D

Xxhaylsxx wrote: »
    I was thinking the same :)

12 mins till the next radar refresh, will get a better idea then !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

In the space of one week we've gone from being a nation of economists to a nation of meterologists!!

I prefer the meterology. I'd also like to see more snow here but looks like it won't happen in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

tonyrich1 wrote: »
    wer bouts in wexford are you 2? in kilmuckridge myself and its spitting at best. disaster

Seems like heavy snow is hitting Camolin, ~Enniscorthy and Waterford.

I'm in Cleariestown, a couple of miles from Forth Mountain and there is nothing new and based on other posts nothing in Wexford.

So we are surrounded but not getting touched ..... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

irish147 wrote: »
    still not one flake in wexford town :(

Absaloute blizzard here for a couple of hours, im only 8/9 miles from town. Alot of fresh snow on the ground now:)

Keep the faith town will have loads by morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

12 mins till the next radar refresh, will get a better idea then !

I have a sneaky feeling we could get hit by it also :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Nrth Streamer seems to be tracking more towards Dundalk now while I can see definte echos in the track of the the shadow.

Am I just dreaming ??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Definite change in tack on the northern streamer

Does look to now be on a track towards Maynooth

Anyone else have any thoughts ?

The southern one seems to have drifted south also

To me it just looks like that northern one is dying out completely. Wind at m2 is also back NE now according to met.ie.

I'm developing an intense hatred of the IOM at the moment. Have been staring at that raintoday radar for hours now willing the snow to move in the direction of Celbrdige. It's been an exercise in total frustration. Think I might have to log off for a while before I drive myself insane. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Does mid/north Louth look like it will get anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Still snowing as heavy here Maq and looking at the Radar there is a lot more on the way :D

nothing for me for the last 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Ignore post

I have a sneaky feeling we could get hit by it also :eek:

Yeah, watched it for ages and thought I was seeing things, from the last refresh it looks much better, roll on 21:42 !

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Absaloute blizzard here for a couple of hours, im only 8/9 miles from town. Alot of fresh snow on the ground now:)

Keep the faith town will have loads by morning

Which direction from Wexford, back toward Enniscorthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Dowdy20 wrote: »
    north Kilkenny getting serious snowfall now....no sign of it letting up either.

What part exaclty?

It is snowing very lightly now in Callan in KK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

It could be, next couple of frames on the radar are key. With the 850 temps dropping as the night goes on it increases the chances of showers forming, even in that damn shadow! Everything crossed, I can;t take much more of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy snow in Waterford City tonight, here is a clip in the early stages.Its snowing just as heavy now. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJfcWU-3lk

Live Webcam and stats @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

lovely video. i'm officially jealous now:)

mike65 must be crying tears of joy at this stage :pac: :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Looks like the precipitation is just skirting most of the outskirts of south Dublin . . . humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

Big_Evil wrote: »
    We probably owe them €20bn - this snow blocking is eating into our National Debt - I believe the IMF call it tough love....:D

Whatever about a randomly placed island, looks like Limerick aint gonna get any more snow :(

All the more reason to take it out - thats €20b we wont owe anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

What part exaclty?

It is snowing very lightly now in Callan in KK

It's ben snowing nearly all evening in Castlecomer (North Kilkenny). Coming down heavy now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement