Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

What's the verdict on the new refresh on those famous streamers?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Sweet FA in terms of snow fall in my part of Navan in last few hours. windy outside and -0.7C. Still see stars in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Never thought I would care about streamers so much , hadn't even head about them before today. I'm willing myself to get off the laptop and just see what happens, this is all too much for me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

I second the request for links! I've no idea where to look for this stuff other than met.ie. Help please? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

What sites do you guys use? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Snowing in Celbridge, middle of the Isle of Man shadow. Helllooooo wind change! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

PP: What you think of the latest frame ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darmur

herbert road /m11 end of bray just got another inch in that last 15 minute real snow squall!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

Two new words that I have learnt this week-

1.Graupel

2.Streamers

I'm some meteorologist!!!;);)

Elmo5 wrote: »
    Snowing in Celbridge, middle of the Isle of Man shadow. Helllooooo wind change! :D

This gives me hope , celbridge has snow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Steamer...blah blah blah...M2 Bouy...blah blah blah...Graupel... blah blah...whole 10 Inches...blah blah...Isle of Man...blah blah...Big Steamers...The Shadow...blah blah...Lets have no ATC here!...blah blah blah blah..."Blizzard!!!!"...Snowmaggadon...Middle Steamers...blah blah...Rainfall Radar...gotta love this weather thread!!

Final word - "Thaw" :D

Elmo5 wrote: »

Exactly what I wanted to hear !!

Was too busy watching the laptop, decided to look outide, can see it heading this way !

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

www.raintoday.co.uk

bookmark it - you'll be using a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

go to meteox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

www.raintoday.co.uk

Been posted about a thousand times over the last few days..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

There Seems to be something about to come in over Dublin now

137452.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

ntlbell wrote: »
    any idea what it's like around homelawn/seskin view?

I think its same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Aughrim Co. Wicklow. Cleared snow earlier when it was calm. Snow falling constantly and nearly 2 inches fallen in an hour. So much for clearing the snow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

darmur wrote: »
    herbert road /m11 end of bray just got another inch in that last 15 minute real snow squall!

Honest to jaysus, this is what made the Snow cover on the seafront on Sunday so special. It was so feckin freakish because even in the middle of the highest potential snow event in years, chances are the seafront will get nothing while literally a km up the road on the other side of the town has inches and inches of the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

Fiskar wrote: »
    Sweet FA in terms of snow fall in my part of Navan in last few hours. windy outside and -0.7C. Still see stars in the sky.

tink we are goin to miss out again.the sister was on her way home from drogheda this evening and got stuck the navan side of kenstown said the snow was unreal and not a patch of snow in the town:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D:D:D:D

well HELLO "waves" to MR SNOW ....

its only very light at the mo but phew!!!!! its something

Wtf is it , steamer or streamer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Just had a snow in Kilcock. Temp-0.7. I thought i was in the had the Isle of Man in the way too:D

Streamer = from the sea

Steamer = Kinky
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Depends on who you're talking about.. ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Snow in clane, very light but better than the stars we've had for the past 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Looks like I'm going to get another few inches tonight. Thats after we just got 2-3in between 1730-2030 and I have to go to work for 11 tomorrow in the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Steamer...blah blah blah...M2 Bouy...blah blah blah...Graupel... blah blah...whole 10 Inches...blah blah...Isle of Man...blah blah...Big Steamers...The Shadow...blah blah...Lets have no ATC here!...blah blah blah blah..."Blizzard!!!!"...Snowmaggadon...Middle Steamers...blah blah...Rainfall Radar...gotta love this weather thread!!

Final word - "Thaw" :D
    s.h out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Very depressed.....can see too many stars in Crumlin :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement