Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wtf is it , steamer or streamer ?

Who cares - once it dumps snow on us :D

(BTW - I do believe it's a streamer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

joe316 wrote: »
    MT whats your opinion of Clane in North Kildare???

cheers

Sorry I couldnt resist!:)

I heard they have a decent football team, and according to Wikipedia Clane used to be a haven of peace and tranquility pleasantly situated on the River Liffey, but modern life and expanding housing has made it a virtual dormitory town to Dublin 32 km (20 mi), or 30 minutes drive outside rush hours, from Dublin, at the crossroads of the R403 and R407 regional roads, halfway between Maynooth and Naas in north Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

aaahhhh crap with the change in wind direction bye bye snow from the south east

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Fiskar wrote: »
    Sweet FA in terms of snow fall in my part of Navan in last few hours. windy outside and -0.7C. Still see stars in the sky.

Dont worry, northern streamer is beefing up slightly now, probably because of wind direction change recently to NNE, freeing us up a little on the now famous ''IOM'' shield. Also 850's on the way down I believe. Heres to later! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

fitefuaite wrote: »
    Two new words that I have learnt this week-

1.Graupel

2.Streamers

I'm some meteorologist!!!;);)

what are streamers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

PoolDude wrote: »
    Seems like heavy snow is hitting Camolin, ~Enniscorthy and Waterford.

I'm in Cleariestown, a couple of miles from Forth Mountain and there is nothing new and based on other posts nothing in Wexford.

So we are surrounded but not getting touched ..... yet.
    bucketing down outside new ross, really heavy, about 2" in last hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Just finished snowing again here in Enniscorthy. There was a good thaw during the day but everything started to freeze hard again as darkness fell and now the roads are very quiet.

snow002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Elmo5 wrote: »
    Snowing in Celbridge, middle of the Isle of Man shadow. Helllooooo wind change! :D

What part of Celbridge are you in Elmo5? I'm in Castletown and there's nothing here yet. Can see the clouds though so fingers crossed! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Nothing in North Co. Dub. just a thawing drive.........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

crosstownk wrote: »
    Who cares - once it dumps snow on us :D

(BTW - I do believe it's a streamer)

''Snow train'' ''cloud street'' they can also be called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Clear skies here in Cork city!!

No more snow for us id say!!

So much for the over reaction for 15 mins of snow earlier:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just finished snowing again here in Enniscorthy. There was a good thaw during the day but everything started to freeze hard again as darkness fell and now the roads are very quiet.

snow002.jpg

is that the top of castle hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

What part exaclty?

It is snowing very lightly now in Callan in KK

Castlecomer

id says its on the way to you judging from the direction the clouds are moving( thats a complete guess :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Found the streamer effect of the isle of man fascinating...hard to belive an island so far away could have such a dramatic effect on our weather....giving me an extra interest in metrology in general....every day's a school day :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

That northern streamer seems to have grown a bit more. And it's slightly moved a little. I'm Hoping to be in the middle if it come half 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Sorry I couldnt resist!:)

I heard they have a decent football team, and according to Wikipedia Clane used to be a haven of peace and tranquility pleasantly situated on the River Liffey, but modern life and expanding housing has made it a virtual dormitory town to Dublin 32 km (20 mi), or 30 minutes drive outside rush hours, from Dublin, at the crossroads of the R403 and R407 regional roads, halfway between Maynooth and Naas in north Kildare.

Haha brilliant, shouldhave known

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Just had snow in Kilcock.. Happy Days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

For those looking for other sites etc .. this is all you need for tonight ...

http://www.sat24.com/gb ... infrared satellite animation. You can see the showers forming across the Irish Sea and the dreaded Isle of Man shadow clearly (looks to be less ummm, shadowy, in the last while :))

[URL="[URL]http://www.irelandsweather.com"]www.irelandsweather.com[/URL[/URL]] .. you can see weather reports from around the country including temp and DP (dewpoint).

We basically need DP below zero and temp below about 2 for snow to fall. (disclaimer - subject to variablity!)

[URL="[URL]http://www.met.ie"]www.met.ie[/URL[/URL]] ... Our beloved national weather met service with weather radar (shows where it's snowing/raining or whatever), hourly reports etc.

[URL="[URL]http://www.raintoday.co.uk"]www.raintoday.co.uk[/URL[/URL]] .. Good weather radar site that allows you to zoom in on your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Silly Boards !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

There's an eerie silence in here... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Back !

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

My god , boards was down for ages there , dying to know what happened to that streamer coming for north dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

I think we just killed Boards.ie :pac: :cool:

Anyways, to update, wind still going in a SE direction here in Dundrum, Dublin, but there was about five minutes of hail. Any updates? Will Dublin see any of those streamers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Tramore, Co. Waterford are getting fair snow the past hour!!
    So un****ing believably happy! :D:D

the streamer is clearly tracking back up north again

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

WOW.......17 mins to get back onto boards :)

Snow is a popular topic :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

some load of snow in waterford city:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Here is the latest clip i took, its still hammering down here. Just measured 5 inches so far :D, What an amazing surprise to get so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sm3cnPbh2g

Live Stats and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

It's been snowing heavely for the past hour or so down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Serious snow in Waterford.

Getting to work in the morning is going to be very interesting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement