Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

seriousdog04.jpg

Dublin people are not amused...

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

fricatus wrote: »
    God, the speed of that little black car at 0.17! :eek: I didn't realise that was the road. Is that Ballybeg Drive with the new Tesco in the background?
    cant believe there is someone walking around naked in the snow, now thats taking this snow obsession to a whole new level!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing here again but its very fine flakes, not really proper flakes but alot better than nothing. Im surprised by the amount of people who are only now noticing the isle of man effect, it plagued meath all last winter and also the start of this cold spell, I spent enough time last year here on boards throwing my toys out of the pram about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭south

God, the speed of that little black car at 0.17! :eek: I didn't realise that was the road. Is that Ballybeg Drive with the new Tesco in the background?

looks like it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Just had a 15 minute snow show here. Started as graupel but turned to snow and it'slying. I wonder if the wind direction has shifted ever so slightly because it's the first all day, or whether it was just luck. Could be an interesting night yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 W23

M2 dewpoint just dropped to -2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

your turn may come tomorrow afternoon and evening;)

Got a link to any charts on that one N L?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

Nowt happening on the north inner city:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Yeh i think it is! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Chucked it down in Ashbourne for good 25 minutes. Still going but a lot smaller flakes.
    What happened. We are supposed to be in the IOM shadow?????
    Anyone shed any light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I don't think I've seen snow like this in Waterford since my childhood. I thought Saturday was unreal, but now it's hard to tell where the path ends and the road begins! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Snowing in Kilcock nice and Heavy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

snowing in Carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

W23 wrote: »
    M2 dewpoint just dropped to -2.1

Anything in Monkstown yet?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

THe Northern streamer off the Isle of Man has moved slightly, the wind has backed to a more northerly heading, so the result is slightly further south than it was. Ashbourne & Ratoath are now getting some of the edge, and if it carries, Maynooth should see some of it as well.

Temperature here is now down to 1, which is a drop of a couple of degrees over the evening, and the wind is getting stronger as time goes on.

very much in line with the Dublin Airport forecast for overnoght, about a 20 degree shift in the wind, and that seems to have been correct, if the other aspects of that are also correct, tomorrow morning could be "interesting", it was not too bad this morning, I was up and around at 04:30, and the roads around here were relatively easy, but I suspect that the lower temperatures and possibly extra snow on top of the frozen slush are going to make for challenging driving conditions in the morning,

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

still not a flake in wex town :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Next couple of radars will be interesting. The northern stream has pushed down a notch, but dunno if it'll keep moving or not. There is a little more activity in 'the shadow', but hard to say if it'll pep up into much or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 W23

check out all the alerts on the AA site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Time to check your window instead of constantly staring at your LCD :pac:
    It's been snowing in Maynooth for the last 15 mins, stopped now but we're in for more I think :)

Where in Maynooth are you?? I'm over Manor Mills and haven't had anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

any chance of Donegal getting any snow? :P

Theres some light snow over the northern half of the county for the past while, nothing special

As nacho says, tomorrow is a better chance if the wind turns further north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

jarvis wrote: »
    Chucked it down in Ashbourne for good 25 minutes. Still going but a lot smaller flakes.
    Anyone shed any light?

Wind Shift.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

random-funny-photo-snow-man-on-a-bench-with-head-i1.jpg

Dont let the "Streamers" get you down !

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

The North stream has definitely shifted South :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

its snowing nicely here in ashbourne for the last 20 mins or so. the wind seems to be picking up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Really pelting down here in the Isle Of Man:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

BLANCH is not going to get anything. its been relativly mild all day and all that cloud in the last few hours did not fall at all near blanch,,,,,any chance it could change throughout the night? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone shed any light?

the wind has changed direction and the streamer is tracking back up the country again instead of the south east direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

heavy showers here every 15 minutes or so for the last few hours about 2" down after the heavy thaw today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

they would want to grit the car park in the new Tesco, bad enough today, even worse now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Anyone at IT Tallaght take a lie in tomorrow. It's closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement