Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Dowdy20 wrote: »
    Castlecomer

id says its on the way to you judging from the direction the clouds are moving( thats a complete guess :P )

Woo! A guess is better than nothing ha ha :D
    mary21 wrote: »
    some load of snow in waterford city:)
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Serious snow in Waterford.

Getting to work in the morning is going to be very interesting!

Hmmm sounds like the Waterfors to Athlone service will be cancelled tomorrow and I wont have to go to college he he he

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Meath seems to be getting quite a bit today despite the IOM shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Where in Maynooth are you?? I'm over Manor Mills and haven't had anything

Weird - I'm only just out the road from you in Moyglare Hall and we had a shower of snow/fine hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Stopped in Waterford again. Prett thick blanket on the ground though, and more to come by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The shadow is still well and truly in effect, it is not just a cut and dry thing! The streams will obviously bend in the wind!

But my location seems to be right bang in the middle.

Doubt there will be anything here at all tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very heavy hail here now. were out of the shadow now! however the streamer is not that wide and too much of a northerly wind change will bring us back into the shadow from the other direction and the snow will move into D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Not a flake here in wexford town, But looking at the radar it seems to be all around nearly. Beasterly you there? anything out your way??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

can anyone answer my question.... anymore snow for d14 / d6 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ecu

This thread is like the national debt, grows faster than I can read it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

W23 wrote: »
    check out all the alerts on the AA site

Love it - why don't they just put one big sign over the whole country!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

THe Northern streamer off the Isle of Man has moved slightly, the wind has backed to a more northerly heading, so the result is slightly further south than it was. Ashbourne & Ratoath are now getting some of the edge, and if it carries, Maynooth should see some of it as well.

Temperature here is now down to 1, which is a drop of a couple of degrees over the evening, and the wind is getting stronger as time goes on.

very much in line with the Dublin Airport forecast for overnoght, about a 20 degree shift in the wind, and that seems to have been correct, if the other aspects of that are also correct, tomorrow morning could be "interesting", it was not too bad this morning, I was up and around at 04:30, and the roads around here were relatively easy, but I suspect that the lower temperatures and possibly extra snow on top of the frozen slush are going to make for challenging driving conditions in the morning,

Steve

Hi Steve

I'm also in Ashbourne and it's still coming at the minute although slightly hail like at the moment. What do you think the shift in the northern Streamer will mean for us....Intensity and accumulation wise???

I had to travel to work in Dundalk and the N2 to Drogheda road past Duleek was really bad this morning but completely ridiculous this evening. Cars unable to move on flat ground!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

The shadow is still well and truly in effect, it is not just a cut and dry thing! The streams will obviously bend in the wind!

But my location seems to be right bang in the middle.

Doubt there will be anything here at all tonight.

Hey Weathercheck, hope you see something there tonight, we have had some wet snow showers here in Bray but not sticking, its too warm. its currently 3.0/DP -0.4, any idea why the temp is rising here? any idea if that will change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The wind seems to be shifting further north, good news for us. Probably not so good for the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Xxhaylsxx wrote: »
    Meath seems to be getting quite a bit today despite the IOM shadow

were not in the shadow:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

KevIRL wrote: »
    Stopped in Waterford again. Prett thick blanket on the ground though, and more to come by the looks of things

Indeed looks promising. All the schools that said they were open tomorrow may have to back track now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Heyes wrote: »
    can anyone answer my question.... anymore snow for d14 / d6 ?

Probably no by the looks of it. There's a few stray clouds but judging by the wind direction were in a tunnel of no rain, being the best way to describe it.

Don't lose hope though, the night is still young as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

nothing happening here in tallaght since this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

baraca wrote: »
    Not a flake here in wexford town, But looking at the radar it seems to be all around nearly. Beasterly you there? anything out your way??

A few epic blizzards out here, an extra 2-3 inches on the ground since 7:30, cannot beleive the town hasnt had anything yet. Im pretty sure the town will be plastered by snow during the night some time. As we learnt on friday, patience is key!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Wind picking up. More showers on the way. I can't sleep. Another snow day off tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

baraca wrote: »
    we have weeee snow flakes

news flash!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

More Snow in Kilkenny, its starting to snow heavier now than it did in the last 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

had a 2 hour 500 mtr trip on the m50 car park tonight at sandyford.:mad:

hate this feckin snow ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Right will i go to bed or wait up to see if Arklow gets some snow:rolleyes:

Any of you experts out there want to make the choice for me:P

IS IT GOING TO SNOW IN ARKLOW?????;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jarvis wrote: »
    I had to travel to work in Dundalk and the N2 to Drogheda road past Duleek was really bad this morning but completely ridiculous this evening. Cars unable to move on flat ground!!!!
    That R152 is one nightmare of a road in any kind of wet/snowy condition. You'd be better off going N2 to M1 in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Heavy snow here again. Gotta love those streamer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Having withdrawl symtoms now......NEED SNOW IN DUBLIN..........NOW!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

will post a reply later, have to go to Ratoath now to collect my daughter and drop her back to Duleek, could be "interesting"! Seeing more now in Ashbourne in the last half hour than in the rest of the evening, and if it keeps this up, the scenario for the morning could be complicated.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

absolutely hammering down at bakers corner in deansgrange

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

so much for the evening hearld headline tonight ''' -10''''

its a positively balmy 2c here in Knocklyon.

where's these freezing overnight temperatures gone? Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

Was gonna ramble down to Ashbourne village for a pint.......eh bad idea. BLIZZARD!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement