Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BLANCH is not going to get anything. its been relativly mild all day and all that cloud in the last few hours did not fall at all near blanch,,,,,any chance it could change throughout the night? :confused:

I'm just outside Blanchardstown, about 2 miles from the village on the Meath border and it's been far from relatively mild, the slush has frozen since around 5 and have been getting flurries of snow the last hour or so, albeit only tiny amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hey Weathercheck, hope you see something there tonight, we have had some wet snow showers here in Bray but not sticking, its too warm. its currently 3.0/DP -0.4, any idea why the temp is rising here? any idea if that will change?

You sure of your recording? It is almost as cold in the middle of the Irish sea:

M2 Buoy: 4.5c DP: -2.1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 iancw

theres actually a blizzard in Carlow iv never seen as much snow in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

irish147 wrote: »
    still not a flake in wex town :(

what??? I live 20 mins outside and its been snowing for 4 hours. crazy amount here!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

:eek: There were blizzards in Ratoath and Ashbourne? I've been in the bath for the past 20 minutes :o In Dunshaughlin and nothing happening right now, looks like if it reached us I probably missed it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Finally right under a streamer here :D Heavy enough snow for last 25 mins, sticking to every surface and really accumulating - adding to 4 inches on ground already. Turns to graupel at times though. Quite breezy so it's been whipped about the place quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

irish1967 wrote: »
    Got a link to any charts on that one N L?

well, i was actually going by Gerry Murphy's 9:30pm forecast. he said there would be snow showers in Ulster and parts of Connacht tomorrow night

although the hirlam precipitation predictive sequence for the next two days, unfortunately, doesn't look as favourable as the forecast at all:(

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

click on nedbor.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

so can anyone give a forecast as to whats to happen in south dublin overnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

:eek: There were blizzards in Ratoath and Ashbourne? I've been in the bath for the past 20 minutes :o In Dunshaughlin and nothing happening right now, looks like if it reached us I probably missed it :(

Are u postin from the bath....careful u might electricute yourself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

claire2010 wrote: »
    what??? I live 20 mins outside and its been snowing for 4 hours. crazy amount here!
    yes, still dry here, apart from 3-5 snow flakes.... lol in town wex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

I have to ask, what happened to the M1 buoy lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    More Snow in Kilkenny, its starting to snow heavier now than it did in the last 3 days.

What part?

Still nothing in Callan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

More snow heading to Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DFS UTD wrote: »
    not alot,very cold night in siberian breeze,clear skies

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

pelting down here in the naul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm just outside Blanchardstown, about 2 miles from the village on the Meath border and it's been far from relatively mild, the slush has frozen since around 5 and have been getting flurries of snow the last hour or so, albeit only tiny amounts.

the ground temp is in the minue but the air temp near corduff is +2.

it's calm, not much in the form of cloud....hopefully a miracle happens and we get battered but seems to be a repeat of last night.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    Are u postin from the bath....careful u might electricute yourself:D

Hehe no :P

Got out, checked this thread before checking out the window. Clever eh?! :pac: Looks like I missed any excitement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Myself and the Dog out in. Carlow Town 22:45 milling out of the heavens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

not alot,clear skies ,cold siberian breeze

EDIT:sorry DFS just seen Weatherchecks post&id go by his :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If current trends are to continue, that streamer to the north if it keeps getting added to from the Irish sea should slowly creep south. But any change in the winds back to more East will back this away.

I would favour the shadown to greatly impeded snowfall in coastal Dublin, and North Dublin in particular.

Very open to debate, some places will get big falls, others could get absolutely nothing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Still nothing in Dun Laoghaire.
    Must be in this hilarious Shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

with the small cloud cover it should keep temps up a shade ...hopefully.

why do people drive fast on icy roads that you would struggle to even walk on?
    insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Heavy snow again, Tramore Co.Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Major thaw in Castleknock Dublin 15 area. Still some snow around but more slush than snow at the moment. Roads still pretty icy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

:( Nothing happening here in Dublin. Getting lashed to the north and south of us.

Wind better change!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Anybody see snow in navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

is it just me or is the sea not bubbling up at the same intensity as it was earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

will post a reply later, have to go to Ratoath now to collect my daughter and drop her back to Duleek, could be "interesting"! Seeing more now in Ashbourne in the last half hour than in the rest of the evening, and if it keeps this up, the scenario for the morning could be complicated.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
    Take it handy on the road and let us know what they were like. Fairly hammering down again with reduced visibility.

Thank God I'm off tomorrow!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Can't handle the stress of waiting for potential snow, so hitting the hay. Here's hoping that the wind changes slightly, some heavy streamers develope and I wake up in a winter wonderland. I think the temps and dps are set up just about nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

JAMM222 wrote: »
    pelting down here in the naul

that's mad... i'm about 3km away and nothing here right now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement