Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone notice how vans and especially lorries seemed to be traveling really fast on dodgy roads today. Or am I just a little more nervous when I see a monster truck heading for me on an ice rink!!!!
    But can they keep better traction at higher speeds than our cars???

They watch Ice Road Truckers and believe they know how to drive on ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Steamer...blah blah blah...M2 Bouy...blah blah blah...Graupel... blah blah...whole 10 Inches...blah blah...Isle of Man...blah blah...Big Steamers...The Shadow...blah blah...Lets have no ATC here!...blah blah blah blah..."Blizzard!!!!"...Snowmaggadon...Middle Steamers...blah blah...Rainfall Radar...gotta love this weather thread!!

Final word - "Thaw" :D

I feel the same.LOL:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Were getting nothing in the banner county! (Clare/A.K.A. THE BOG COUNTY) its just bloody freezing outside, and no snow! I WANT TO SEE SOME SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

flamegrill wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAbfh0NcN4
    Myself and the Dog out in. Carlow Town 22:45 milling out of the heavens!

People are lazy so here ya go:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Major thaw in Castleknock Dublin 15 area. Still some snow around but more slush than snow at the moment. Roads still pretty icy though.

This I think is nuts, as I said I'm within D15 and just came in with the dog and there's no sign of a thaw, the slush is still solid and the remains of the snow out back has a crust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

kilns wrote: »
    I take it Portmarnock is right in the middle of this shadow!?

Yes indeed and so unfortunately is Malahide -

see attached post in a different thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69309416&postcount=174

see the sequences from raintoday.co.uk as well

hard to credit but seeing is believing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

3.0C/-0.5C, the showers bring the temp down here but never low enough for even the very heavy snow to accumulate.
    EDIT: Pelting down again by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

nkay1985 wrote: »

Ah. I see now how that works :-). thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

nkay1985 wrote: »

Is that ANOtHEr boardsie with a malamute?! :D:D:D , that would make 3 of us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Loads of snow in Carlow at the mo :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Any chance those streamers will move in either direction onto that big blank area of sky that is dublin bay - jesus , looking at that radar all night waiting for a bit of cloud. I'm starting to wish I'd never found this tread , would have been in sweet bliss :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Nothing up here in Drogheda in louth. We haven't had decent snow since sunday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Latest radar seems to show the 'northern' streamer thinning a bit, and more activity further north.

Due to wind change?

Don't think it'll benefit those of us in Dub though :|

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I was behind the White transit that was right behind you. Notice the arse of you car waving around. The road was like a gloss finish. Got a little better on the n2 though.

Don't think that was me. I was heading from the N2 towards Duleek. Plenty of BMW's turning around probably thinking there was no chance of getting up the hill. Surprised I made it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Is that ANOtHEr boardsie with a malamute?! :D:D:D , that would make 3 of us! :D

Yep. She's a Malamute / Tan German Shepard cross. A dog that truly loves the snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Getting a bit here now finally in Dungarvan. Landing too by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Cold and White!!!!:D

A no! I'm usually all for the snow but I don't want to have to go there. So chances are school will be cancelled there so :(

Hopefully it doesn't happen. My car is battered as it is after sitting in the long term car park over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

It would appear that laois is in this shadow as well!!!

Getting very little snow tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Here in Tramore, Co. Waterford seems to be getting even heavier. It's bucketing down now, flakes seem to be getting bigger.
    Travelling at all tomorrow is going to be tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

anyone down around the blackstairs/ east carlow. looks like your getting a lot of snow down there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

Ok I'm PRETTY sure it's snowing in Dunshaughlin :D I live on a country road and there's no lights but I put my face right up to the window and I'm sure I saw snowflakes!

I'll drive over to ya and ya can scrape it off my car......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

cork shield still up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Still snowing in maynooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Crazy in Kilcock.. Really heavy snow and wind has picked up! Blizzard or sorts.. I fuc*in love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

richers86 wrote: »
    Getting a bit here now finally in Dungarvan. Landing too by the looks of it.

Does it not always land??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

that "will it rain today" site is like waiting for a download to complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Showers forming abit further north, maybe some showers for Dublin CC and South Dublin in next while.

I remain firmly in the NO snow zone :D:o

Good to hear reports of heavy snows around and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Does it not always land??????

Touché.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Neighbours couldn't even wait till the morning :D

Sorry bout the crappy camera phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

anyone down around the blackstairs/ east carlow. looks like your getting a lot of snow down there.

yes loadsa snow here. close to 5 inches about half an hour ago and its still coming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement