Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

jarvis wrote: »
    Does it not always land??????

Sometimes yes,sometimes no.Most of the Time Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Still snowing in maynooth!

I'm in Leixlip and nothing happening, well a flake or 2 here and there, nothing to jump and down about... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Still snowing in maynooth!

Thats crazy im in Leixlip & nothing all day & night:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Getting pelted over the past hour in Stamullen. A fair couple of inches here now and we've had none worth talking about up to now. The local national school is closed tomorrow - got a text about 40 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

flamegrill wrote: »
    Yep. She's a Malamute / Tan German Shepard cross. A dog that truly loves the snow :D

Ah cool, mine is loving it also , he usually doesn't like being out the back on his own for long but since this weather started he doesn't want to come in!! Haha... Wish I had a sleigh to go to the phoenix park or something wot him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Xxhaylsxx wrote: »
    Anybody see snow in navan?

Not a sniff of the stuff, clear skies, -1.2 C. Have to travel early so don't want a mess to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Neighbours couldn't even wait till the morning :D

Sorry bout the crappy camera phone.

LMAO...that's deadly!!

Anyone hearing thunder in D.14? (Am tucked up in bed so it might have been a truck on the main road behind me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

If only Swords were about 10 miles further north we'd be a winter wonderland right now. As it is, we're just icy streets galore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Am i missing something on that willitrain website, only seems to give radar/satalite results for the last couple of hours but not predcitions for next few hours, do only subsribers get the predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

fits wrote: »
    yes loadsa snow here. close to 5 inches about half an hour ago and its still coming.

Bagenalstown is looking good too. Light snow at the moment but has been snowing heavily on and off for last few hours :D Even managed to make a snowman!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Neighbours couldn't even wait till the morning :D

Sorry bout the crappy camera phone.

coool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

snowing here again in stepaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

kilns wrote: »
    I take it Portmarnock is right in the middle of this shadow!?

I have just looked out the window and can confirm that without a shadow of a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

argosy2006 wrote: »

Wow, that sure is lots of lovely, lovely snow:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Absolute whiteout in Balbriggan. Has been snowing on and off now for the last few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

What is that chunk of yellow on the radar that seems to have been stuck just coming into portmarnock for ages , it hasn't moved at all , I keep waiting for it to come over the house :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Decided to move away from the laptop and actually look outside instead and its bucketing down. Unexpected snow is the best type:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

< runs to window after leixlip posters but breathing a sigh of relief, still snowing in maynooth! Wind has def changed direction, it's hitting my windows for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

question for the weather gurus do ya think we'll get any snow in Tallaght tonight?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Light snow here for the last while in Kilkenny town, better than nothing.

The empty house beside us is gushing water from the overflow pipe. The house will be destroyed but no way of getting in contact with the owners.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Boards gone into meltdown with the snow :eek: Record breaking snow here in Waterford City. I'm lost for words to have got so much. Here is my latest clip. hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8I581X4JU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

At 22:30 - 23:00 Tuesday

M50 S/B Tollbridge -> Tallaght : fine, but might be black ice in lane near central reservation

Clonee -> Lucan road : lethal and untreated, avoid. Will slide off bends at Clonee end at 10mph. Worst I've ever driven on. Lucan end not so bad.

old N3 through Dunshaughlin -> Trim roundabout : covered in frozen snow but reasonably drivable slowly with extreme care. May be more snow on it now than when I drove on it.

Hope this info helps anyone wondering about conditions of these roads. Would have posted in road conditions thread only I get chucked out every time I try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

anyone down around the blackstairs/ east carlow. looks like your getting a lot of snow down there.

yes there sure is alot here,,, been snowing heavy for 5/6 hrs now. at the foot of mount leinster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Bout six inches in new Ross at the moment and still snowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

flamegrill wrote: »
    Yep. She's a Malamute / Tan German Shepard cross. A dog that truly loves the snow :D

Ah cool, mine is loving it also , he usually doesn't like being out the back on his own for long but since this weather started he doesn't want to come in!! Haha... Wish I had a sleigh to go to the phoenix park or something wot him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Does anyone have a link for some foreign website that kept getting posted up over the last few days? Looks Scandinavian to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Zero snow here in Rush. Ground is now completely snow/ice free.

My car windscreen isn't even freezing up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Boards gone into meltdown with the snow :eek: Record breaking snow here in Waterford City. I'm lost for words to have got so much. Here is my latest clip. hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8I581X4JU

you caputured a yeti on camera, koooooooool!!!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Bout six inches in new Ross at the moment and still snowing!

thats what I want to hear! need an excuse to get out of going to wexford tomorrow from limerick, need those roads rightly messed up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement