Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link for some foreign website that kept getting posted up over the last few days? Looks Scandinavian to me.

better off asking in after hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Still belting down in Kilcock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fcuking Isle of Man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭south

Does anyone have a link for some foreign website that kept getting posted up over the last few days? Looks Scandinavian to me.

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Practically no snow left in the garden here in D9, disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

If Dublin doesn't get Snow tonight, I'm personally going to go out there and move the Isle of Man myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

it could be www.yr.no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭south

zuroph wrote: »
    thats what I want to hear! need an excuse to get out of going to wexford tomorrow from limerick, need those roads rightly messed up!

the road from waterford to new ross will be deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just curious, but what's the technical explanation for why there are such intense/active streamers this evening? Say compared to last night or previously, even compared to earlier today?? Will these streams persist, or what conditions will lead them to decay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Just started snowing here in Drogheda Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Boards gone into meltdown with the snow :eek: Record breaking snow here in Waterford City. I'm lost for words to have got so much. Here is my latest clip. hope you enjoy

FYP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sorry for kinda double posting but i wanted to embed this clip in the post, hope it works, Amazing night here in Waterford City :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest radar shows perhaps a slight change in the movement of the precip around Angelesey with a ENE origin, while the band over Meath, far N Dublin has a more NE origin.

Hopefully a good trend for City dwellers.

hiradarzoomv42pl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

What was the link to the website that lists all the weather stations to check the temperatures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

mick.c wrote: »
    yes there sure is alot here,,, been snowing heavy for 5/6 hrs now. at the foot of mount leinster

how much you got down there? my boss is from there and im hoping he will be snowbound tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

what parts of wicklow are getting snow???? ashford, wicklow town, bray......i'd love 2 add arklow to the list but unfortunatly not.............its like a summers nite out there:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Not wrote: »
    At 22:30 - 23:00 Tuesday

M50 S/B Tollbridge -> Tallaght : fine, but might be black ice in lane near central reservation

Clonee -> Lucan road : lethal and untreated, avoid. Will slide off bends at Clonee end at 10mph. Worst I've ever driven on. Lucan end not so bad.

old N3 through Dunshaughlin -> Trim roundabout : covered in frozen snow but reasonably drivable slowly with extreme care. May be more snow on it now than when I drove on it.

Hope this info helps anyone wondering about conditions of these roads. Would have posted in road conditions thread only I get chucked out every time I try there.

Thanks, was going to drive to Clonee in the morning but might give it a miss now. Road was bad enough out there on Monday evening. Any idea what Clonee -> Blanch is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Why isn't it snowing in Leixlip but it is in Maynooth and Kilcock...scabby isn't the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

M2 buoy gone to -2.4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How can the clouds over waterford bucketing down snow,just vanish as they hit the cork border:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Latest radar shows perhaps a slight change in the movement of the precip around Angelesey with a ENE origin, while the band over Meath, far N Dublin has a more NE origin.

Hopefully a good trend for City dwellers.

hiradarzoomv42pl.png
    A good trend for city dwellers that want it to bucket down snow so they can skip work tomorrow, or the boring ones that want it all to end? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Yesterday was a non event for me in Dublin and so has today! :mad: I really hope it lashes down all over Dublin tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

south wrote: »
    the road from waterford to new ross will be deadly

One of the lads in work here was in for 10 tonight. Drove from Ross to the industrial estate in Waterford. Left at 8pm and arrived here at 9:50pm. :eek::eek::eek: Has apparently done damage to his brakes too.

He told me he hasn't been to his own house between Enniscorthy and Ross all week. Mad stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Why isn't it snowing in Leixlip but it is in Maynooth and Kilcock...scabby isn't the word!

Cause even the snow can't stand the smell of the river :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Weathercheck sorry if this is a thick question but where is all the snow that were getting in Kilcock coming from and do you reckon there will be more? must have a good couple of inches if not more in last hour..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

Snowman10 wrote: »
    how much you got down there? my boss is from there and im hoping he will be snowbound tomorrow

sleep easy... theres been alot well over 6inches... and still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I live in Donabate and work in Sandyford. I felt a bit guilty working from home today, but after seeing the carnage getting on to the M50 at Sandyford this evening, I'm feeling much better about it now.

I've worked up there for 15 years and it can be weird during the winter. It's amazing how the slight increase in altitude can make a difference when it comes to snow. I've seen blizzard conditions in Sandyford over the years, only to get beyond Tallaght and see no snow at all.

What are the chances of me needing to work at home tomorrow? Not too good I think as there has been a steady thaw all day in Donabate. Side roads aren't great, but main roads seem ok.

I may be surprised in the morning, but I doubt it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I'm thinking of starting a support group for all those stuck in "The Shadow" think I'll call it the Snowless Old Begrudgers Besludgers Society - SOBS

My name is H2UMrsRobinson and I'm addicted to snow...!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

What was the link to the website that lists all the weather stations to check the temperatures?
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

its like a summers nite out there:P

Love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement