Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

ksimpson wrote: »
    I live in Donabate and work in Sandyford. I felt a bit guilty working from home today, but after seeing the carnage getting on to the M50 at Sandyford this evening, I'm feeling much better about it now.

I've worked up there for 15 years and it can be weird during the winter. It's amazing how the slight increase in altitude can make a difference when it comes to snow. I've seen blizzard conditions in Sandyford over the years, only to get beyond Tallaght and see no snow at all.

What are the chances of me needing to work at home tomorrow? Not too good I think as there has been a steady thaw all day in Donabate. Side roads aren't great, but main roads seem ok.

I may be surprised in the morning, but I doubt it:rolleyes:

wouldn't come near the place tmw, same thing will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

I'm thinking of starting a support group for all those stuck in "The Shadow" think I'll call it the Snowless Old Begrudgers Besludgers Society - SOBS

My name is H2UMrsRobinson and I'm addicted to snow...!

Oh I am so with you on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Snowman81 wrote: »
    Weathercheck sorry if this is a thick question but where is all the snow that were getting in Kilcock coming from and do you reckon there will be more? must have a good couple of inches if not more in last hour..

Are you not looking at the radar http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Very clear where the snow is coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Snowing lightly in Greystones. Nice covering already on the gound from earlier showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dave1982 wrote: »
    How can the clouds over waterford bucketing down snow,just vanish as they hit the cork border:confused:

i know. whats up with that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Just in the door and all the slushy pavements in town are now LETHAL.

2.3deg in Dublin 4 and still no snow yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I'm thinking of starting a support group for all those stuck in "The Shadow" think I'll call it the Snowless Old Begrudgers Besludgers Society - SOBS

Hi , I'm little bess , I have a major problem being in THE SHADOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    it could be www.yr.no

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

The Best view Just in case you dont know the Norwegian for "show me the Streamers!"

Have fun with the slider

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Xcweather pressure chart, maybe indicative of the slight differences in precip alignment.

Compare gradient over Louth and Over Angelessey

p1291158536.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The reorientation of the streams, and opening up of 'middle' activity is quite clear in the 23.30 radar.

I think, unfortunately, it's still all going to miss d15 :( But some other places that weren't getting anything might see something. Not sure if it'll be as consistent/intense as the two big streams though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

_whiskers wrote: »
    Oh I am so with you on this one!

You must literally be round the corner from me. It's so depressing listening to reports of mucho inchage - I'm glad they got it but I want it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Shiny wrote: »
    Just in the door and all the slushy pavements in town are now LETHAL.

2.3deg in Dublin 4 and still no snow yet.

2.3 is kind of borderline . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Nowt much happening in Dundrum, a bit of graupling earlier but nothing since. There is a cloud moving in, hopefully full of sneachta. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nearly 2 hours of hail here now, not really snow, but it's really adding to the snow from last night, must be close to 5 inchs on the ground now.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Xcweather pressure chart, maybe indicative of the slight differences in precip alignment.

Compare gradient over Louth and Over Angelessey

p1291158536.gif

Weathercheck , please let us know , does this mean no longer being in the shadow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Pelting down out there yet again and still not sticking, dp a lot lower this time though. 1.9C/-1.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

How can the clouds over waterford bucketing down snow,just vanish as they hit the cork border:confused:

Hey Dave hopefully we might see some passing showers in the next hour or so, would be nice to hear of any snow reports coming out of Dungarvan and Youghal to see what might be on the way.

picture below to be taken with a grain of salt for accuracy :)

Radar15.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Didn't last long in Dungarvan. Waterford City got the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

My name is Iancar29 and I'm addicted to snow.... My last snow event was 10 hours ago ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Back just in time, had a lovely evening out & the amount of people slipping in town is amazing, also for anyone driving around Dublin, 1 lane around Stephens Green is fine, Baggot St & Merrion Road have lots of black ice on them, its crazy, cars going all over the road.

Anyway that cloud does seem to have gone a bit ENE at the Isle of Man (I hate the Isle of Man now, nearly as much as Cowen) so hopefully we should get something around Dublin City in the next hour, just looks like little bitsto start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

That's it. I'm going to the Isle of Man with one of these:

91090.jpg

and not stopping until it's all been dug up so we can get some snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Woop, there's hope for us Dubs yet!

I am W.Shakes-Beer, I am currently 20 years old, in Dublin 5 and I....I....have kinda a snow fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Woop, there's hope for us Dubs yet!

I am W.Shakes-Beer, I am currently 20 years old, in Dublin 5 and I....I....have kinda a snow fetish.

Like the wierdo from last night who rubs graupel all over his nipples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

00.15 i'll keep eye out if i any snow falls i'll post it:D.Heres hoping:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

i've been listining to the air traffic control for the last while and looking at the live radar all aircraft in the 15-20 mins have reported rough weather over the howth/portmarnock areaand have been requesting diverts.

here's hoping.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

richers86 wrote: »
    Didn't last long in Dungarvan. Waterford City got the most of it.

Tramore is after(and is still getting) loads too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Just back in home from Dublin city centre, it's crazy in there, the footpaths and roads are like ice & cars are slipping everywhere.

Here in Dundrum things seem a little warmer than in town, there are some dripping sounds on the stairs up to the apartments :(

On the positive side it's snowing little tiny flakes at the moment, I hope it will get stronger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

sdonn wrote: »
    That's it. I'm going to the Isle of Man with one of these:

91090.jpg

and not stopping until it's all been dug up so we can get some snow.

WTF !!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

John2009 wrote: »
    Hey Dave hopefully we might see some passing showers in the next hour or so, would be nice to hear of any snow reports coming out of Dungarvan and Youghal to see what might be on the way.

picture below to be taken with a grain of salt for accuracy :)

Radar15.png

Im gonna say John your spot on and think postive because its so cold that even a sprinkle of snow and nothing will be moving or done in the morning! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

sdonn wrote: »
    Like the wierdo from last night who rubs graupel all over his nipples.

Just as long as he didn't rub it on his occluding front. That really stings!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement