Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

deise_girl wrote: »
    Tramore is after(and is still getting) loads too!! :D

Damn you! I'll have to call down tomorrow if nothing more happens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dave1982 wrote: »
    00.15 i'll keep eye out if i any snow falls i'll post it:D.Heres hoping:rolleyes:

dont think i can hold out that long, but i'll try. heart broken if theres no snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Could Carlow end up in the "shadow"?????

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

You must literally be round the corner from me. It's so depressing listening to reports of mucho inchage - I'm glad they got it but I want it too!

Yeah! Just off philipsburgh ave. I know, it's great for the people who never get it but I just want a little so school will be shut :p is it so much to ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

ksimpson wrote: »
    I live in Donabate and work in Sandyford. I felt a bit guilty working from home today, but after seeing the carnage getting on to the M50 at Sandyford this evening, I'm feeling much better about it now.

I've worked up there for 15 years and it can be weird during the winter. It's amazing how the slight increase in altitude can make a difference when it comes to snow. I've seen blizzard conditions in Sandyford over the years, only to get beyond Tallaght and see no snow at all.

What are the chances of me needing to work at home tomorrow? Not too good I think as there has been a steady thaw all day in Donabate. Side roads aren't great, but main roads seem ok.

I may be surprised in the morning, but I doubt it:rolleyes:

I'm only down the road and all i can tell you is that nothings changed since yesterday really. We had a thaw but it snowed again and brought it back to the same level. If your boss will let you maybe you should stay home. It'll be carnaige on the M50 again tomoorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

bauderline wrote: »
    WTF !!!???

I dunno what it is - the search phrase I used was "biggest digger ever".

All I do know is it would - with effort - remove the Isle of Man problem, permanently. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Radar15.png

Oh man!!!! I living just outside Bangor in Wales! It looks like it's gonna be snowmageddon here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I can see a big cloud coming in from Howth direction heading over Portmarnock, looks like it could see a bit of action

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like the showers south of Dublin are becoming more scattered and less organised but there are still plenty of them popping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

_whiskers wrote: »
    Yeah! Just off philipsburgh ave. I know, it's great for the people who never get it but I just want a little so school will be shut :p is it so much to ask for?

Cool...I'm just round the corner from Bram's cafe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

sdonn wrote: »

All I do know is it would - with effort - remove the Isle of Man problem, permanently. :P

its a coal mining yoke in Germany, near koln. you should Google how they transport it.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

sdonn wrote: »

Open cast coal mining.

War of the Worlds meets Meccano :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

kilns wrote: »
    I can see a big cloud coming in from Howth direction heading over Portmarnock, looks like it could see a bit of action

Me too , was out the front garden looking for the cloud over Howth , very dark in that direction - woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I hope it does snow tonight in Tallaght :) the ice out there needs a topping of fresh snow my Sister had a nasty fall in town today she whacked her head off the ice :( she's terrifed now to go out

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

richers86 wrote: »
    Damn you! I'll have to call down tomorrow if nothing more happens here.

You'll need a tractor tbh! Its the only way of getting around here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Even with my best efforts of positivity the Isle of Man shadow is standing strong.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

It looks like more snow here well soon anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

occasional 2-3 minute graupel showers in dalkey. The wind is just blowing them over me. Strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

DominoDub wrote: »
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

The Best view Just in case you dont know the Norwegian for "show me the Streamers!"

Have fun with the slider

Could there be snow in Galway tomorrow am according to this link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

There is gonna be a hell of a lot a depressed boardies when this events ends:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭davetherave

Coming down steadily in Kilcock for a while now. There's a good 6 - 6.5 inches out here

img20101130004.th.jpg
    ^Click for bigger pic^
    Didn't want to venture out anymore than the front door :p

Edit: Picture isn't the clearest, it's a 15cm/6inch ruler. The snow is up to the 13cm level.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

God , I can't go to bed until I see that radar thing change, I'm addicted to it !

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Cool...I'm just round the corner from Bram's cafe!

Hopefully a gigantic cloud fill to the brim with snow will head over us and spill...heavily...for a long time! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

patneve2 wrote: »
    occasional 2-3 minute graupel showers in dalkey. The wind is just blowing them over me. Strong wind.

What are your thoughts for the rest of the night here Pat? I am just a few miles away in Bray, mix of hail and sleet for the past hour, DP seems to be dropping though!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

123balltv wrote: »
    I hope it does snow tonight in Tallaght :) the ice out there needs a topping of fresh snow my Sister had a nasty fall in town today she whacked her head off the ice :( she's terrifed now to go out

Sorry to hear that, hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

It's been snowing for the last few hours in south KK. All the snow that went in the partial thaw today has been replaced with bonus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Posted this over on the other thread ,

But do any of the more seasoned experts see something like this coming off ?

137469.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

demakinz wrote: »
    There is gonna be a hell of a lot a depressed boardies when this events ends:(

Yep - it's a great high at first but the come-down is a shocker. Still we have a support group. SOBS will get us through it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

abominable-snowman-costume.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Snow is just beginning here in North-west Wales. It seems that the clouds are heading directly eastwards. Dublin may be in for some snow ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement