Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The Shadow has closed a bit on the 1:00 here http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

not a flake in wex town all day..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

joe stodge wrote: »
    any idea if the D17/D13 area is getting hit???

Get in line! :p

Whole of North County Dublin is suffering from Snow Withdrawl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

any idea if the D17/D13 area is getting hit???

Nothin' at the mo or for the past while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

lightining in tallaght :eek: got a fright there !!! sky is a really strange bright orange colour .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

This is Dublin ATC calling Aer Lingus B52 Heavy!

You are cleared for take off to Newcastle Upon Tyne ...please drop those orange metal thingys on route at coordinates 54.2267°N 4.5264°W.

Rodger !

Snow over and out !

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Netanya

Great snowfall here in Kilcock. Just spent 40 minutes out walking in it. Took pics but I'm so tired I'll post them in the morning.

About 4-4.5 inches with some great drifts.

Please snow don't leave over night stay for at least tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Finally finished my work for today - Can be a pain working from home at times ....

Snow is unnatural here.. barely a let up most of the evening. Im only a 2 min drive from Trog & Calibos but its a different country here.. School in the morning ? Forget it !!!! 4-5 inches tonight on what was already a whiteout.
    Hope you all get what you are looking for ... night all x

The snow on north-west Wales seems to be heading north-west ? right into the IOM shadow, whats up with that, any of the experts still awake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

dacogawa wrote: »
    The snow on north-west Wales seems to be heading north-west ? right into the IOM shadow, whats up with that, any of the experts still awake ?

Only the foolish hopefuls at this stage I think :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Was looking at that too. Will it push the lower streamer up and the two of them will join? Looking at 3 a.m ish to clash right over North Dublin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Just measured 6 inches here been snowing all day

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

snowww wrote: »

where is here?????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very interesting looks like a little trough pepping up the showers in the Irish sea, bodes well for Dublin. Could be a few surprised faces by morning after the despair of the night!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just measured 6 inches here
    where is here?????????????????

Down his trousers, is my bet.

Alicat wrote: »
    Only the foolish hopefuls at this stage I think :o

The shadow has moved, not just being hopeful now, have a look at the met radar http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Where is here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

3hr-rain.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Here is castledermot in south Kildare near Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

been snowing most of the day here in north kk,light showers of snow this evening on and off.
    had another light shower up to 20 minutes ago,i wonder will we get any more snow tonite here in north kk ?.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    been snowing most of the day here in north kk,light showers of snow this evening on and off.
    had another light shower up to 20 minutes ago,i wonder will we get any more snow tonite here in north kk ?.

No, a thaw is going to set in and it will be mostly gone by morning, enjoy your 19 inches while you have it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Snowing now in Dun Laoighre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

No snow in Connolly Station, dublin at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Dublin City and North Co Dublin are getting hit in the next few hours. Lets see if the trains really will run tomorrow;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

not often its 19 inches here ;):D yes stay on topic after that lol

Supercell wrote: »
    No, a thaw is going to set in and it will be mostly gone by morning, enjoy your 19 inches while you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

darkman2 wrote: »
    Dublin City and North Co Dublin are getting hit in the next few hours. Lets see if the trains really will run tomorrow;)
    what has you so sure??

Confidant words darkman2, will WC miss the main event in his beloved Portmarnock ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Unfortunatley for me I'm in Central Traffic control in connolly until 6 in the morning trying to ensure that they do just that!!

what has you so sure??

At a mesoscale level the wind has shifted direction sufficiently to take the North County and the City out of the rain shadow.

Radar here

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Confidant words darkman2, will WC miss the main event in his beloved Portmarnock ?!!

I can see it now - WC wakes up after giving up hope the night before, then it snows while he is asleep, and then he wakes up and we are back in the rain shadow again. Wait and see;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement