Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow report!

Options
  • 30-11-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Its coming down heavy in Bishopstown.......

How is the rest of the city looking?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Heavy in Ballinlough/Blackrock too, gorgeous stuff. Course it means I can't go out and work, but what about it. SNOW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Heavy in Douglas too - the last 15mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

snowing in UCC!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Must take some pics later before it all melts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Toes

Finally! I was looking forward to this snow, at least its a bit scenic now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

The roads were nice and dry for the past two mornings - we are in trouble now, this will freeze and the roads wil be in bits later tonight and in the morning. Hate snow - humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bugger. Blue skies in Ballintemple now, which could mean melting. Hope that goes away soon and brings on more flurries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Snowed in Blackrock for a half hour, ground covered but not much and seems to have stopped, fingers crossed anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

murphym7 wrote: »
    The roads were nice and dry for the past two mornings - we are in trouble now, this will freeze and the roads wil be in bits later tonight and in the morning.

Have to agree. The novelty of cold weather wore off for me after being stuck in last year for a few days with no water when the taps froze.

It looks gorgeous but it just disrupts everyday life way too much for me.

(i must be getting very old :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

about 10 flakes outside carrigaline.. then nothing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

LeNNoX wrote: »
    Heavy in Douglas too - the last 15mins.

Snow has now stopped in Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

about 10 flakes outside carrigaline.. then nothing !

What? Ballygarvan is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Stopped and melting in B'town :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

DM-BM wrote: »
    What? Ballygarvan is covered.

nope still nothing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

From looking at the met website on the radar there should be more soon enough!

And they are gritting Skehard Road every 30 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Holy crap theres snow?! I really need to start looking out the window more often :o

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

stay clear of grange/donnybrook area.........there are lots & lots of cars stopped & going nowhere...one dusting of snow and we grind to a halt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

max 73 wrote: »
    stay clear of grange/donnybrook area.........there are lots & lots of cars stopped & going nowhere...one dusting of snow and we grind to a halt

Looking forward to going home later, have to drive up donnybrook hill.

How bad is the grange road? Back in January I was parking in the off licence at the bottom of it instead of trying to make my way into shamrock park (The estate next to it).

Old Youghal Road (the two hills going to riverstown and glanmire) are absolutely lethal. Avoid.

Housing estates are deadly as well and it doesn't help all the kids running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sham2

SeaFields wrote: »
    Old Youghal Road (the two hills going to riverstown and glanmire) are absolutely lethal. Avoid.

Housing estates are deadly as well and it doesn't help all the kids running around.

The hill down to Riverstown called the Barnavarra Hill was like a battleground last year. I live there. It's so steep any bit of snow/ice will cause havoc. Stopped snowing here on Airport rd a while ago. Traffic backed up in Ballycureen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

SeaFields wrote: »

Have the dentist down in glanmire later, so thanks for that.

Still snowing little bits in Mayfield, but the groud is well covered with snow, icy underneath though!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Im working at 3 mayfield/glanmire area in a restaurant....will it be open? BF had a crash in mayfield about an hour ago, it must be very bad, or is there any way around it?

Im working at 3 mayfield/glanmire area in a restaurant....will it be open? BF had a crash in mayfield about an hour ago, it must be very bad, or is there any way around it?

A lot of the main roads are treated around the area when I was passing through. They seem fine to drive on with care. The back roads and housing estates are very slippy. Shur give your manager a call - you may have a snow day off!

Hope your BF is ok and not much damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

It was only a clip....very slow moving but the other guy has come back and said its a couple of grands worth of damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Toes

Sarsfields Road and Togher Hill are deadly, avoid like the plague. Was meant to be driving my rents to the airport, cant even make it out of the estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i am so glad we got snow, had a real soppy moment sitting in the bay window with my 16 month old daughter the two of us sitting there just watching the snow fall, it was one of those unplanned special moments :o

Snow in Douglas...
    10020260.th.jpg
    1002028s.th.jpg

10020260.jpg&via=mupload

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sham2

Gritting/salting now in Ballycurreen.

oeb wrote: »
    Looking forward to going home later, have to drive up donnybrook hill.

How bad is the grange road? Back in January I was parking in the off licence at the bottom of it instead of trying to make my way into shamrock park (The estate next to it).

the council have been gritting for the past hour, they dont seem too bad (just drove to douglas court - no issues) just take care...it just got overcast again so it could snow again, if it does be prepared to take ages to get home

just starting again here in douglas.....job interview later today so hopefully i'll make that and it can blizzard after that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

heavy snow by my house near the airport at half ten. nothing since :(

Advertisement