Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow report!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yup, Glanmire is very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Douglas is desperate too, all the sidewalks are, for lack of a better term 'slimey'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

everywhere is brutal now your ok if you go as slow as possible , it will be worse in the morning after a proper freeze!!! hopefully we get a blast of sunshine to burn the worst of it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Woke up this morning with no frost or ice on the car. Drove from Donnybrook hill to Bishopstown with no real bother.

The car park at work was lethal and the area around my car outside the house was lethal.

Getting very tired of this rubbish now - no water in the house since yesterday. I tried the hot water on the stopcock, heater under the sink, open the atic door a bit, heating on etc.... It is the stopcock I'd say, as no water getting to the kitchen sink. Roll on the thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Main roads fine this morning but by god hills and sheltered areas in estates are deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Has anyone tried to leave Glanmire yet? AA roadwatch says hills are impassable. My drive is like an ice rink:( Its really important that I get to college today so I am well pissed off. Damn you Ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Snowing in Limerick now, wouldn't be surprised if we get snow too in the next couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Heard Cork was supposed to be hazardous all together today and you'd be better off not leaving the house etc... doesn't seem all that bad? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Dudess wrote: »
    Heard Cork was supposed to be hazardous all together today and you'd be better off not leaving the house etc... doesn't seem all that bad? :confused:

It's been fine all week, in my experience, but then I haven't ventured off the beaten track much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah it's been dangerous in spots but overall, fairly manageable once you're sensible. However there was frightening stuff forecast for last night/today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Dudess wrote: »

Estates around this way are desperate. Main roads are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wish I'd read some of this before setting out today; heading for Bandon and Clonakilty.

They say it rained in the night and then froze; the main roads are fine but oh MY! The lanes. Slid out of control down one stretch on the way to town ; horrible feeling is that...managed to get back.

Sky is leaden, but at least we are stocked with food etc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just bolting a car door back together, and got hit by snow in Ballinlough - seems to be only very sporadic though. I know it's cold, but if we've ice to deal with, we might as well have something pretty to look at. Bring on the snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Jaysus, would this cold weather just feck off. Just went out there to swap the cars around in the drive way and the damn road which was clear at 4 has a layer of ice over it already and it is only half six now. Cars were completely iced over already also. Better damn well thaw out in the morning....sick to the back teeth of this crap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Ludo wrote: »
    Jaysus, would this cold weather just feck off. Just went out there to swap the cars around in the drive way and the damn road which was clear at 4 has a layer of ice over it already and it is only half six now. Cars were completely iced over already also. Better damn well thaw out in the morning....sick to the back teeth of this crap now.
    +1
    So so sick of this weather. Bandon has been nuts the last week. Not so much the main road, but by God the hills and estates are still brutal. Yesterday there was a bit of a thaw. But the snow rom Sunday last is still hanging around my backgarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Here it come again? Don't think it will be anything like last time, we're just getting a dusting out here at the moment. Jeez Cork City has really escaped......

(famous last words? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

What part of Cork are you in? Not even looking remotely like it'll snow here in Douglas :(

Bishopstown....we've had few flurrys, nothing to panic about at all. Didn't stick. Seems to be coming from the 'vesssht' so might not make it to Barrys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

we had light snow there for about 20 minutes in UCC. nothing sticking though.

I'm really feeling cheated... I want snow damnit! :D

• Advertisement

Tis sleeting here again now. So long as that stuff dont freeze on the roads I dont care....must drive drown to the Deise later.
    Weather forecast is for 10cm up north, maybe plan a visit JohnK?:)

WOOHOO!!!! ITS SNOWING!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Its only light and its not staying or anything but at least its snowing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

JohnK wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!!! ITS SNOWING!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Its only light and its not staying or anything but at least its snowing :D
    where are you?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 acer_2010

Very light snow in Carlow! :rolleyes:

acer_2010 wrote: »
    Very light snow in Carlow! :rolleyes:

Where's Carlow? Never heard of it....lol :D (just kidding)

Snowing in Glanmire and it's sticking. Yayyyy!!

lindtee wrote: »
    Snowing in Glanmire and it's sticking. Yayyyy!!

What? Now I feel robbed! I demand evidence...:D Is it white like? (Save the smart arses time here - I know snow generally is white) :p

gibsoneve wrote: »
    where are you?? :(
    In the centre of Douglas. But its stopped again now :(

poconnor16 wrote: »
    What? Now I feel robbed! I demand evidence...:D Is it white like? (Save the smart arses time here - I know snow generally is white) :p

It's stopped now:-( Still some stuck to the ground.
    SDC11580.jpg?t=1292606466SDC11578.jpg?t=1292606617

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Snowing heavily now:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement