Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow report!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Falling really heavily in togher now. Kinda sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Same here,bucketing it down, kids are delighted:D:D (Ran out with no hats or gloves:mad:)

SDC11586.jpg?t=1292613982

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Bollox! I'm kinda conflicted with this. On one hand it's SNOW and it's sticking, might have enough for a decent snowman. But, on the other hand I was hoping to get away for a couple of days over the weekend and might not have the chance now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Snowing heavily now in Carrigaline, loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Ugh, I hate snow. Won't be able to travel into town now for a few pints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

the ole xmas partys are shagged now.... all though it could be like the the corrs light ad that would be some craic :D a taste born high lee valley!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

i can say it was pouring snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id say we got a good 2-3 inches of snow there in the space of an hour. Im stuck at home with a slab of heineken and cant go anywhere.
    Also the Blu Ray Box set of Band Of Brothers arrived today... Fire lighting, tree lights lighting the room and a beer.

I love this!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Relaxing watching darts, while a group of people attempt to make a giant snowman outside.

I'm staying inside where it's warmer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Douglas is jammed at the moment, kids coming back from the gaa disco, and traffic is at a standstill and an ambulance just went up the road to the end of the donnybrook hill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Cars going up the maryborough hill a little while ago were having a lot of difficulty and it came to a complete standstill at one point. Saw plenty of cars with their wheels spinning. And as said Douglas itself was very bad too. I'm loving this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Douglas is jammed at the moment, kids coming back from the gaa disco, and traffic is at a standstill and an ambulance just went up the road to the end of the donnybrook hill!

Have to go back to Douglas, might leave it for a little while...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Took me 3/4hr to get from Dunnes Ballyvolane to Dillons Cross. Left the car there and started walking as nothing was getting up the hills. Gotta walk to work tomorrow now too. And if my car is clamped tomorrow Im am going to go fcuking ballistic. Wasnt the only car abandoned tho.

Fcuk you anyway snow.

Christ I need a drink after that :)

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    Have to go back to Douglas, might leave it for a little while...

traffic from tescos to the donnybrook hill is chaotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mini1972

Will I attempt to go to work in Clarkes Wood Mount Oval or will I stay put?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daisydotty

mini1972 wrote: »
    Will I attempt to go to work in Clarkes Wood Mount Oval or will I stay put?

I've just been from mount oval down to douglas and back up again.was ok.mount oval a bit slippy.clarkes hill was ok-fair amount of cars so snow has thawed.if it freezes on it, it'll be deadly tho!

ok thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

I need to get to Dublin airport by 1pm tomorrow, anyone have any idea how the cork-dublin road is?
    I have an 8am flight booked but afraid the flight wont leave cork airport on time!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love the snow!!

I wonder will buses run properly in the morning? I need to get an 8.40 one into town to start work at 9... Might be late. Oh dear. How will I cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 corkfein

Donnybrook Hill is impassable after montpeiller road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 corkfein

That was for a pregant girl,ambulance couldnt up to her gaff so she had to walk down sum of the hill with 3 people helpin her.she was in bits.

corkfein wrote: »
    Donnybrook Hill is impassable after montpeiller road

yeah a few of the residents (Peoples on my facebook )up the hill is it cherry garth? are stranded again :D the adults are complaining on facebook about the snow, and the teenagers went down to the grass field behind their houses and made snow men and stuff apparently there were alot of kids there playing around with their dogs in the snow! :D

but yeah their cars are stuck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

More snow falling now. There'll be polar bears outside soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

Stupid snow...

Stuck at home...

The_Banker wrote: »
    Stupid snow...

Stuck at home...

could be worse my cousin is flying home tonight and stuck in the airplane for 3 hours now!

damn snow!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

will the taxis go from the airport? i presume the n25 and link roads will be gritted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

tinner777 wrote: »
    will the taxis go from the airport? i presume the n25 and link roads will be gritted

They are defo coming FROM the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

corkfein wrote: »
    That was for a pregant girl,ambulance couldnt up to her gaff so she had to walk down sum of the hill with 3 people helpin her.she was in bits.

she's my buddy!

she's my buddy!

The poor girl.Hope she got to CUMH on time and without bother!It will be a story to tell babs when its older!

i got to work fine . Grange Hill was a disaster but the village,Rochestown road and Clarkes Hill were fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Ye think id b ok to drive from balincollig to milstreet before lunchtime 2m?

Advertisement