Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Jose and Real Madrid done?

• 30-11-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

What a game last night but what happened?
    • Are Barca just that much better than Real?
    • Was it just a bad night in the office for Jose?
    • Jose has never won in Bacelona as a manager, Can Real ever get past their rivals while this is true.
    I think Jose needs to be given more than the usual year Real normally give the managers (even the sucessful ones). This Real team could still be great. But they first have to become a team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think the match last night showed la liga for what it is, a poor league with very little quality.How anyone can enjoy a league with one good team.... sorry one good player in it is beyond me.

And just to add, that player should never have left the premiership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think the match last night showed la liga for what it is, a poor league with very little quality.How anyone can enjoy a league with one good team.... sorry one good player in it is beyond me.

That one good player, Messi never played in England?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Just because the best team is way better than the 2nd best team doesn't mean it's a poor league. Some very knee jerk reactions here. And there are way more than 1 good team in the league unless your definition of good is "best club side of all time"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Ush1 wrote: »
    That one good player, Messi never played in England?:confused:

Neither did Xavi or Iniesta nor Villa for that matter, wonder who the poster is talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Smells like kneejerk to me.

19 games unbeaten and he's done?

GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ridiculous thread, Jose looses a derby game and some people have the knives out :rolleyes:

Madrid will win the league this year
    I think the match last night showed la liga for what it is, a poor league with very little quality.

one second and I will clear my throat

hahahahahahahahahahahha

do you even watch La Liga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

So what you are saying is that you didn't actually watch the match then?

As for the OP's question, no, in theory at least, but then this is Real.

Last night was just a case of Real being terrible, and looking very scared while Barca were on fire.

If anything, Jose's attempts at racking up the pressure looks as if it had the wrong effect on the wrong team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

All I can say is I hope Marca have the knives out for Jose like they did for Pellegrini.

He should get everything that's coming to him, he knew the job when he took it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Calm down,Calm down

I was just doing a Jose and trying to detract from the discussion about him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Dunphy was right all along - Barca did in fact kill Real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I was thinking this myself last night. It would be ridiculous to sack (who already is) one of the best managers of all time for one game, but it really wouldn't surprise me tbh. 5-0 loss at Barca may be too much for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

The Spanish League is a two horse race and it's foolish to believe it's anything other than that. I mean all you have to do is look at the new "unified" tv deal the clubs have struck which meant that Barca and Mardrid get 35% of the income each and the other 30% is spread unevenly with the other clubs.

But Jose will be back and they'll be stronger (he'll sell Benzema - good news for Man U - and buy a more forceful centre forward in the Eto'o/Milito mould). Though Barca are without a doubt the best side of all time IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Tom10 wrote: »
    But Jose will be back and they'll be stronger (he'll sell Benzema - good news for Man U

where are they going to dig up the 30+ million

Tom10 wrote: »
    Barca are without a doubt the best side of all time IMO

I will see your Barca team and raise you Ac Milian 1989/1990 team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

There is no way Jose is going to get the chop and Madrid are far from finished. They were humiliated last night, yes but it was their first defeat of the season so lets not get too carried away. Mourinho has proven his worth before and will have learnt from this defeat. They are not as good as Barca but no one is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

are we honestly going to have one of these threads every time a team has an off day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely not OP. 19 games unbeaten before that. He lost a derby game. As much as it will hurt the players/fans, there is definitely no need for this sort of over exaggeration particularly at this time of the season.

Jose's credentials speak for themselves and is the right man to pick his players up and push on from this.

To sack him now would be ridiculous. Although if he is to be sacked, Allardyce is a shoe in for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

karma_ wrote: »
    Neither did Xavi or Iniesta nor Villa for that matter, wonder who the poster is talking about?
    Lassana Diarra? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Calm down,Calm down

I was just doing a Jose and trying to detract from the discussion about him!
    I laughed at your post and knew exactly what you were at. I know you long enough on here to know that post wasn't serious or else somebody had hacked your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

iregk wrote: »
    are we honestly going to have one of these threads every time a team has an off day?

By the laws of Perpetual Idiocy; yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

right.

we're done.

absolutely no need for this yet, obviously, because all we have to go on is last night's result.

people should really refrain from this after every 'catastrophic' result a team has.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement