Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorbike restriction

• 30-11-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

anyone mechanically minded know the lowdown on restricting motorbikes? (not factory restriction - aftermarket with a cert)

friend with restricted license (year to go) can get a cheap sp1 (told him to wait and get sp2 in a year) but hes unconvinced.

wants to get it restricted for remaining year, told him hes mental but he seems determined.

does restricting a high power bike like that not damage the engine?

thought it was a washer restricting airflow to the engine, wouldnt that mean fuel going unburnt in the engine, cylinders getting clogged/damaged etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

As far as I know it would restrict the air and fuel intake.
    Don't think theres any danger of damaging the engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

FI International do a kit for the SP1 and SP2 so it can be done. They'll need to get a dealer/mechanic to fit it.

My Z750 was restricted with a 50mm long piece of metal on the throttle body. It depends on the bike how it's restricted.

The big difference on mine since the restriction came off is that the throttle twists all the way and it doesn't fell gutless above 7,000 rpm:D It'll also go over 140km/h now before it just couldn't.

Not too sure how a pure performance bike would fell restricted, but it'll still be fast enough to get them in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Mine is resticted using washers. They are placed in the carbs which reduces the amount of fuel getting through. Air flow remains the same. If its a SP1, using washers?, being resticted Id imagine it would still have plenty of grunt, the retrictor affects BHP more so than torque, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

tks all... good to know there's no damage to engines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Evening chopper, why don't you say log on and say hi while you're at it?

or if you're tired why not get retard900 to say hi instead?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Evening chopper, why don't you say log on and say hi while you're at it?

or if you're tired why not get retard900 to say hi instead?

:)

Are you OK?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

P.C. wrote: »
    Are you OK?

Fine mate you?

P.S. get out on the bike more ya nonce, it's parked up everytime I pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Fine mate you?

P.S. get out on the bike more ya nonce, it's parked up everytime I pass

Yeah

First I had man flu, then I was away, then I had man flu version 2.
    Now we have this great weather. :mad:

Advertisement