Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Insurance Dilemma

Options
  • 30-11-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Ok, I got a new HTC Hero with Meteor bill pay, I ended up losing it straight away:( I subsequently bought a replacement (Hero) off adverts:)

The problem I have is that no insurance company will insure me since I have no proof of purchase. Could I provide my original receipt?

Is there a company that would insure it since it is an expensive phone.
    I look forward to some feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you asked if your house insurance will cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

I am living in an apartment without any home insurance so thats not an option I appreciate the response though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you use your original receipt, it is unlikely they would check the IMEI no with that on your actual phone. But technically it is still insurance fraud

I have reported the original phone to Meteor as being stolen so I don't think that is an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

On the topic of mobile insurance, who is reckoned to be the cheapest/best value insurer out there? Like the OP, I live in rented accommodation and don't have house insurance. I've a new Desire HD and thinking that I'd like it covered from accidental damage. Any suggestions/recommendations would be great!

• Advertisement

I find it hard to believe that an expensive item like this needs a receipt before it is insured, what about paintings, fine china etc.

Advertisement