Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel pushchair necessary?

• 30-11-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Myself and Megan are going over to the UK for a few days at the weekend (weather permitting!) and this will be my first time flying with the little lady!

We have a Quinny Zapp which we took on holidays in June which was great as it didn't take up much room in the car and we could just put the car seat into it. Now she has outgrown the car seat and has the ordinary seat on there which doesn't recline.

I was thinking of bringing her Quinny Buzz with me but was wondering how that works out wuth the plane? I read on the website that they let you bring pushchairs to the steps of the plane, but then what happens. I know the Zapp would go in the overhead but obviously the Buzz wouldn't. Do you have to pay extra to carry pushchairs?

Hope someone can help! Would rather not be ringing the help centre!

We're flying with Flybe

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pushchairs are included with the cost of a child.
    Normally they take the buggy from you before boarding the plane and give it back to you on the tarmac except in Dublin it seems you have to go inside and wait for it with luggage.
    Loads of people bring buggies similar to the buzz wth them.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Myself and Megan are going over to the UK for a few days at the weekend (weather permitting!) and this will be my first time flying with the little lady!

We have a Quinny Zapp which we took on holidays in June which was great as it didn't take up much room in the car and we could just put the car seat into it. Now she has outgrown the car seat and has the ordinary seat on there which doesn't recline.

I was thinking of bringing her Quinny Buzz with me but was wondering how that works out wuth the plane? I read on the website that they let you bring pushchairs to the steps of the plane, but then what happens. I know the Zapp would go in the overhead but obviously the Buzz wouldn't. Do you have to pay extra to carry pushchairs?

Hope someone can help! Would rather not be ringing the help centre!

We're flying with Flybe

Thanks

Hiya,

I am flying with our little man on mothly basis and always bring the buggy with me. The buggy is one of the massive ones.. sport one so don't worry.. Quinny buzz wont be a problem!
    It's included in cost of infant ticket so you are not paying anything extra.
    You bring the bugy as far as the door of the plane and you will also get it back at the plane door when you arrive in your final destination.
    Sometime you mite have to wait for few mins thats all.
    The only thing I hate is they will probably ask you to fold the buggy for them and it can be quite tricky when you are holding the baba so just make sure someone will give you a hand with folding down the buggy or hold the baba.
    Safe trip. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Thanks ladies!

Don't think we'll be going anywhere this weekend anyway! Too much snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭inigo

We bought a light Maclaren because our first (PegPerego/Mamas&Papas) travel system was too heavy and impossible to fold with one hand. We haven't looked back!! When we fly now, we make sure we can manage everything with one hand, particularly when only one of us goes with the little one. That means putting all his stuff in a rucksack, no stuff in the net under the seat (if it prevents it from folding, rain cover is fine) before queueing and the most important thing, practice the folding process beforehand: the bottom of the stairs at the aircraft is no place to do it for the first time when the wind is blowing, raining or snowing, you are getting nervous and the baby too!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Another +1 for the Maclaren, I have the Quest model & you can fold it with one hand. Very good if its just you and baby travelling, whereas with the Buzz you need two hands to take it apart.

When I flew a few weeks ago with Rose I went on a Ryanair flight & some people had really massive prams & had no problems getting them on the flight.
    They took them just as we got on the plane & handed them back on the tarmac when we landed.

Hopefully you'll get away for a break soon, such a pity you didn't get to go due to the snow :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement