Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas display in Dunnes, Ballina

Options
  • 30-11-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I'm being driven to drink(:P) trying to convince someone that Dunnes used to have a big moving display for Christmas in the late 80's or early 90's. I'm pretty sure there was a Polar Bear and Santa Claus in it and it was located in the main hallway, just across from the newsagents.

Can anyone put me out of my misery? Photo's would be a plus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ok i don't have photo evidence, but it does ring a bell. i would have been in 2nd or 3rd year in school, so maybe '90/'91/'92? i'm sure if you spoke to dunnes they could confirm it though... if it earns you a pint sure isn't the phonecall worth it?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

A lot of the staff in dunnes weren't born in 91!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

christ yeah, i suppose.

i'm that old. sob... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

No photo evidence either but my husband says he remembers it well :) Someone owes you a drink!

Advertisement