Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite television installation

Options
  • 30-11-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting a freeview box and outside aerial and wonder if anyone has any expeirence of dealing with any of the local people who this type of thing?

All I want is the Irish stations and BBC/ITV/Ch 4 etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

These should be able to help

satellite.ie/

Joe
    Bujinkan Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Do you have an existing satellite dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Do you have to have a satellite dish already?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

No, but if you did it would just be a case of switching the sky box with the freeview box.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Second hand house. I have no dish. There's an old one on the roof but it looks broken.

I'm hearing figures of around €180 for a freeview system and €80 for a rooftop aeriel that will cater for the Irish channels.

My query was if anyone had dealt with any of the local firms and how well they were treated?

Thanks for replies so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

Second hand house. I have no dish. There's an old one on the roof but it looks broken.

I'm hearing figures of around €180 for a freeview system and €80 for a rooftop aeriel that will cater for the Irish channels.

My query was if anyone had dealt with any of the local firms and how well they were treated?

Thanks for replies so far.

www.midlandstv.ie are based in Port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spectrumav

spectrumav.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I used JM Services in Portlaoise for an installation before Christmas and found them very good, a professional neat job and not too expensive. I've used satellite.ie in the past and Tony is excellent to deal with and provides a top class customer service for the DIY installation. I would have used Tony again but I wasn't prepared to undertake a DIY job this time around due to complexities in the installation.

Advertisement