Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with water pump in apartment

Options
  • 30-11-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Ive been having problems with the water pump in my 3rd floor apartment for awhile-trouble with water pressure in toilet/taps/shower etc and also its beginning to make a lot of noise all the time.(this has been happening since before the bad weather).The apartment is less than 2 years old so its very annoying that that its on the blink already.
    Would anyone know who is responsible if i need to get this fixed?I have contacted my house insurance who say that they only cover contents.The management company say that the block insurance doesn't cover it either.Im dreading the idea of having to pay up myself as i know that they can be very expensive.
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

fonzy157 wrote: »
    Ive been having problems with the water pump in my 3rd floor apartment for awhile-trouble with water pressure in toilet/taps/shower etc and also its beginning to make a lot of noise all the time.(this has been happening since before the bad weather).The apartment is less than 2 years old so its very annoying that that its on the blink already.
    Would anyone know who is responsible if i need to get this fixed?I have contacted my house insurance who say that they only cover contents.The management company say that the block insurance doesn't cover it either.Im dreading the idea of having to pay up myself as i know that they can be very expensive.
    Many Thanks

I had problems with my water pump in my apt and the foreman came and sorted it out - granted it was within the first six months of moving in, but still, maybe try him/her first if they are still on site.

If it is constantly making noise, then there is a drip or a leak somewhere in the system and the noise is from the pump topping up the tank... mine does that randomly and its from the toilet running ever so slightly in the ensuite.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

Thanks for your reply.
    Foreman is well gone, and according to the rumour mill the developer has gone bust, but will try and catch him anyway-never easy!
    The water in the toilet does seem to be dripping now all the time,so might explain the noise alright.
    Will have to call a plumber i suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Yea just get a plumber to have a look.

Get to hime to check that there are no leaks or drips in any pipes/fixtures.

I had the same problem in my apartment but I was only renting and the management company had to fix it.

Basically it took them ages to troubleshoot but all they needed to do in the end was to replace the circuit board for controlling the pump.

I'm guessing here but the board would probably cost between 20-50 euro and sinfully the electrician at least 100-150 to fit it.

Try and get the model of the pump, source the board online and get some half decent techy person to replace it..

**Thats if it's the board thats faulty.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

Cheers for that, plumber coming tomorrow so will let him know your information!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

fonzy157 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.
    Foreman is well gone, and according to the rumour mill the developer has gone bust, but will try and catch him anyway-never easy!
    The water in the toilet does seem to be dripping now all the time,so might explain the noise alright.
    Will have to call a plumber i suppose..

Just have a fumble with the stop cock in the cistern of the toilet :D
    I have to do it all the time, and the dripping stops for the next few weeks/months.

You will need a plumber for the pressure issue and to check there isn't a leak somewhere else in the system

• Advertisement
Advertisement