Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable connection

• 30-11-2010 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

BB issue.
    Question

What type of connection box should there be where the external line meets the internal wiring?

Eircom line vodafone isp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

A Gateway is ideal, you need a modem and router, and a gateway is both of these in one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I'm talking about a junction box that connects the external wiring (eircom line) to the internal wiring that connects to the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

ohh the microfilter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Maybe I'm describing it wrong.

What I'm looking for is a description of the box that connects the external eircom phone line to the internal phone wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's just a phone socket. It's called the NTU. eircom own the connection to this, so if you need anything done with it, get on to Vodafone to log a service call with eircom. Line rental covers any problems up to, and including, the NTU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I think it depends. In my parents house, it is a typical RJ11 termination going into a standard socket. This is connected to 4 points in the house.

Advertisement