Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priestly Return

Options
  • 30-11-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

HI guys

OK the worst has happened, Im coming back to play for a while after little under a year away (had been playing 5 years), not raiding again, just coming back for a while and see what has developed etc. Will be returning on my Ne priest, Have lots of ICC 10/25 gear etc form high end raiding, but gave up as got bored, Was really happy playing Disc priest. But not knowing what has happended to my beloved spec since I have gone, Anyone got Some ideas or a crash course in Whats changed for priests? Not going to go shadow but will be logging in again tonight for the first time again,, Dum Dum,,, DUM,,,, :)
    And as all talents have been reset for us, any pointers?

Thanks in advance

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

race change to gnome priest

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

do explain? please .

Cheers

R

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

also, didn't read obviously

Currenlty going through As many sites to catch up, ( have not even looked at anything wow in that time so went Complete cold turkey) But As its the Patch release and the cata next week, Argh so much to look up,

Seems Disc is still a viable option, but whats with the smite crap,... : /

And anyone wana point me in the right Direction on the race changes,, ( yes I have a lot to Catch up on )

Cheers
    R

HAHA priests with Death Grip lol

R

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KyleMyers

He was just suggesting that you change the race of your priest to Gnomes as Gnomes can now be priests as of the latest content patch.

Beware of Tauren Paladins who may try to stomp on you however.

Ah right, haha, I thought it might be racial abilities etc haha, DOH,,
    See not even back playing and game mechanics taken over,,

DOH..

Usually get stomped in PVP anyways. sigh, priests eh :)

thanks

R

Thanks RopeDrink for the info

Much appreciated

R

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The 'Deathgrip' (Lifegrip) you mention will be handy enough for pulling stupid people from certain hazards but I guarantee it'll mostly be regarded as more a nieussance rather than a help - There's already been multiple threads by people trying to devise ways of using this ability to pull people into DANGER rather than safety and nobody likes losing control of their character - Whatever about an enemy, but someone in my group having the chance to rip me from where I am to somewhere else on a whim?

Don't like that at all.

haha thats brilliant, pull someone into danger..love it. could be the cause of many pug raid wipes in cata..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I also play a disc priest and not much has changed in the recent patch with regards to spell rotations, etc. You can ignore the smite crap... Well, I have ignored the smite crap and have gotten away with it for a few weeks at least :)

The Strength Of Soul talent makes use of the Heal spell (yes, that spell you stopped using at level 30) as it takes 4 seconds off the Weakened Soul debuff, so it is a useful addition to your rotation. Also, the CD of PoM and Penance have changed a bit, which messed with my head a bit after the patch. Also, Borrowed Time doesn't get consumed by Penance so you can cast it after a shield to get off a big Greater Heal with the haste bonus.

Another thing to make note of is the new Mastery stat. No current gear has this, but you can reforge your gear to include this. Mastery affects each class and their talent spec differently, but for disc priests, it increases the effectiveness of all shielding effects, which makes disc priests an extremely uber damage mitigation class.

• Advertisement

Thanks LordChessington .

Great Info, Have play holy for ZG, MC, BWL to BC raids, But once the changes came out for WOTLK I Went Disc and enjoyed every second of it, so will be remaining disc, saying that Im not planning on getting into raiding
    again, But I know will get dragged back by old guildies, etc,. But anyways

Smite I Can ignore,, nice one,, thanks

thanks for the Mastery ,, never heard of it, good to know

Anyone else having endless hassle downloading the patch.. well mines the 3.3 to 4.01 so its 5 gig,, ..

thanks again ,, Some practise and some 5 man i think are in order.
    Any chance of giving me an idea of you talents settings? Just to test and compare if thats alright?

R

I should have mentioned that all my advice should come with a disclaimer. With this patch, I made an effort to avoid as many sites like EJ as possible because I wanted to figure out all this by myself.

My current spec is this. It has all the standard discipline PvE talents. The one point in Mental Agility is just a filler, but I plan on maxing this, Empowered Healing and Inspiration at 85. You may also notice the new glyph system. I am unsure of the best setup for the major glyphs, but the ones I chose are what I currently use.

WRT reforging; I did use one site before I reforged my gear to get Mastery and that was to verify which stat I should exchange. As it turns out, crit is the best stat to swap for Mastery right now, unless you are haste capped.

Thanks again

Yeh wouldnt bother with EJ myself , Tankspot etc for Raiding , thats it,

Okay I see you avoided the Evangelism and Archangel,, you mentioned the smite, I was wondering if it procs of a something else along with a smite, Mind flay,, but that explains that,

I have used Glyphs alright... I take it With the new archaology you mean ,, its Changing again?

Am not sure about my gear, when i checked on battle.net some of my gear has disappeared, But still there on be.imba.hu. ( Kul Tirus Ordeus ) so, I dont know my current state until i login later ( fingers Crossed )

From reading now, Spellpower changing mp5 changing, Int changing. I was haste Capped with v good crit and high SP, but with all this changing, who knows,.
    Will The Spellpower effect us again? only see it mentioned for Magesfarts , ( apologies to all mages :) ).. Havnt found anything in relation to priests yet

hmmmmmmm just checked the Armoury and am indeed missing gear,,

GRRRrrrrrrrr

R

Disc healing has changed after passing 80. Flash Heal is no longer a spammable spell as the mana it consumes is too much. I have found myself putting less emphasis on Flash Heal and Penance and more on Heal and Greater Heal.

For the first time in a long time, I have had to drink between trash pulls

Wow ,, eck,, Yeh played a little over teh Last Few Days, I was screwed over with UPc lag and it was unplayable.. havnt got cata yet, will have it soon,, it will be learing all over again ,,

thanks for the info.

R

Advertisement