Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With Eircom, whats my options?

• 30-11-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Can't receive UPC broadband down here in Roscommon so am with Eircom the past donkey years.

Have the 6mb 15GB download per month bundle. However the speed is nowhere near 6mb....usually less than 1mb at best.

Is is possible for me to try and get an increase in GB per month download allowance...or is that the max they offer?

Wish we could get UPC......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nirmind

hi four of a kind,
    before upgrading your pacakge try and get eircom to test ur line, i have a friend in boyle whos with vodafone (eircom line) they tried to get him to upgrade to business as he wasnt happy paying for 7m getting 3m promised 10m so anyway he got onto eircom and they told him with his line no matter what upgrades happen he will never get more than 3m.. so much for 10m oh also make sure ur not on a split line.. no point paying for upgrade that they promise but we all know will never get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Nirmind wrote: »
    hi four of a kind,
    before upgrading your pacakge try and get eircom to test ur line, i have a friend in boyle whos with vodafone (eircom line) they tried to get him to upgrade to business as he wasnt happy paying for 7m getting 3m promised 10m so anyway he got onto eircom and they told him with his line no matter what upgrades happen he will never get more than 3m.. so much for 10m oh also make sure ur not on a split line.. no point paying for upgrade that they promise but we all know will never get

thanks for that. yeah I honestly think its the line, so no matter what as you said nothing can be done about it!

But can I increase my download allowance per month without increasing my speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nirmind

not too sure, would be worth checking with ur provider, they mite be able too if u point out that ur not getting your download speed so u dont want the extra package just the monthly limit they might be able to help?? my provider are pretty good i went over my limit and as they dont have a larger download speed package i got extra usage but i know theyr not in boyle as my mate did look into them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Yes it is possible. Look at their website ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Check your line stats and that will tell you what your ine is capable of.

Advertisement