Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ek9 + Snow = win

• 30-11-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

My daily driver banger ate a water pump and I borrowed an ek9 for the week.

I have to say it was really great on the snow any little slide or little tank slapper were so easy to correct it nearly drove itself.

I hope my ek4 will be as well behaved, roll on Monday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My daily driver banger ate a water pump and I borrowed an ek9 for the week.

I have to say it was really great on the snow any little slide or little tank slapper were so easy to correct it nearly drove itself.

I hope my ek4 will be as well behaved, roll on Monday.

I drove my DC2 in the height of it last night, she was like a little mountain goat, I actually love driving in these conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Clio 172 performing incredibly well too.

Drove specifically in the snow and ice there yesterday and it was perfect, stopping was a challenge but I've got it down to a tee now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

EK4 keeping it very straight in the worst of it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Was out in my mates Altezza last night. Great fun :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Not enough snow in Cork :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Out in the DC5 earlier on ****ty Chinese front tyres (previous owner is to blame!) and i nearly didn't make it home.
    I was going fine till i came to a bridge which was near impassable at 5pm!
    Good fun had though and the car needed a run after lying up since Friday but i was glad to get it back in the driveway,i wasn't concerned,honestly :).

Gregsor wrote: »
    Out in the DC5 earlier on ****ty Chinese front tyres (previous owner is to blame!) and i nearly didn't make it home.
    I was going fine till i came to a bridge which was near impassable at 5pm!
    Good fun had though and the car needed a run after lying up since Friday but i was glad to get it back in the driveway,i wasn't concerned,honestly :).

LOL, sounds like you had fun, I have the Toyo T1R's on mine, I had considered winter tyres because I go to work at around 6.30am but tbh I haven't got stuck anywhere and I seem to be getting on fine

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

^^I don't envy you heading out that early,i wasn't too with concerned changing them yet as the thread is still good and the NCT passed them fine last week.
    As it is just used for the better days albeit they are few at the moment,it was an eyeopener on how bad they are but i had known before from instances like leaving the petrol station they would find it hard to bite from the bit of fuel they may have picked up on the forecourt or when the frost hit the dead leaves they were sliding a bit more than one would allow without concern!
    Some decent tyres are on the shortlist.
    The Toyos are a good allround tyre imo but they tend to wear prematurely but they always gave good performance throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Uniroyal rain experts are doing a great job in the snow.
    Drove home in heavy heavy snow and ice there tonight.

Had a small scare but it was perfect. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Drove from Cabra to Belfield at 6am this morning in my DC2 with Turanzas all round, went a little sideways once but other than that it was grand. I'm in the same boat as Onkle regarding winter Tyres, I'll keep the Bridgstones on I reckon

• Advertisement

Drove from Cabra to Belfield at 6am this morning in my DC2 with Turanzas all round, went a little sideways once but other than that it was grand. I'm in the same boat as Onkle regarding winter Tyres, I'll keep the Bridgstones on I reckon

Get your own boat....

I had to go out at 6.30 this morning and back home at 9.30, things were worse at 9.30. My car got a bit stuck in my carpark when I was trying to park, out of frustration I floored the car :o I'm sure my neighbours were pleased with the sound of a car going through 9000RPM with a BuddyClub exhaust attached to it :D

In saying that I was one of the very few that made it in and out of my carpark, in the last hour I've seen 4 try and then subsequently fail so I'm doing ok

There's been a blizzard here most of the morning, dreading the drive home :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

I'm suffering from serious road rage over the past two days. Iv had to get coffee three times yesterday to stop myself loosing it and doing a mad max on some motorist without a clue. :(

Also had a discussion with a guard on the finer points of LSDs and climbing hills. Lets just say he didn't get it and i left for another coffee.

I cant handle this. Long commute and craziness.

Im not an angry or aggressive guy btw. Way out of character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I hada bit of handbrake action going around a wide corner near my house. Went a biteen too far and ended up going sideways down the end.
    Needless to say the fun in the snow has officially ended for me. Fun while it lasted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RX8 ain't too happy in the snow! With that said, it's very easy to correct any slidey stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I put down the tyre pressure and I'd notice a bit more grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

was out a couple of times with the chaser.

2.5 turbo + trd diff + traction control off = fun fun fun!!!

Got majorly stuck in a carpark in UCD this morning, took two of us about 40 mins to get the car out! The guy I'm working with has a Ford Ka, the thing just floats over the snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Having a locking Diff makes a huge difference.. In any "Normal" car the diff is open and when you start loosing traction all you get is power to one wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Battery went flat last night and thermostat stuck open.

Brrrr changing thermostat and battery on the cold driveway. :D

My brother is doing very well by loaning the car to me, free thermostat and battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Was out in my mates Altezza last night. Great fun :D

I was hearing horror stories before I bought mine but it's grand in the snow, just turn off the TRC and let the LSD do its job :D, the 3 series I had last year was a right pig, got stuck on the slightest hill.

Advertisement