Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online - Download and play for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is now free to play, http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/19/dc-universe-online-for-ps3-is-going-free-to-play/#utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=DCuniverse_091911.

EDIT: Not til October though,
    Beginning late October, players will be able to download and access DCUO for free on both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC.

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuops3/posts/list.m?topic_id=33139

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

THats great news was waiting for it to happen, wonder whats the story with the trophies though will we need to upgrade to be able to unlock them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Too little too late, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I waited for this news since the beta for it to go free to play , now i can finally fight along side with superman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know how much the PS3 game is now, and how big is the PSN version?

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »

seen it pre owned for 15 in game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I bought it new a few weeks ago for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got this when it came out, but was put off by the subscription fee. I'm quite looking forward to playing it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know this is being discussed in the Massively Multiplayer section on Boards but I thought people should know about this (who don't visit those boards regularly)

DC Universe Online will be free to download and play from October. I was always mad to play this but 50 quid for the game and then 15 quid a month was too expensive. You can still pay 15 a month for Legendary access but you can play the basic game for free. Can't wait to get this!

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I know this is being discussed in the Massively Multiplayer section on Boards but I thought people should know about this (who don't visit those boards regularly)

DC Universe Online will be free to download and play from October. I was always mad to play this but 50 quid for the game and then 15 quid a month was too expensive. You can still pay 15 a month for Legendary access but you can play the basic game for free. Can't wait to get this!

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/

As i said before and i say it again, i finally get to fight alongside superman:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Because i'm at work, and can't access game sites, what is the difference between Legendary and free?

Because i'm at work, and can't access game sites, what is the difference between Legendary and free?

Legendary players get more character slots, expansions for free , more power slots and so fourth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cool bananas, i'll give this a whirl! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'll be playing this as soon as I can, been putting it off because of the cost factor.

I'm curious about the Green Lantern expansion, hopefully a Batman one will follow!

Cant wait for this to happen , ive a feeling itll take up a lot of space on the hard drive. Na na na na na na na na na na leader lol

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'll be playing this as soon as I can, been putting it off because of the cost factor.

I'm curious about the Green Lantern expansion, hopefully a Batman one will follow!

Same but who knows how much those will cost, if it's going by COD prices it'll be $15.

I can see myself spending a fiver on stuff to get premium but def won't be spending 15 quid a month. Zero interest in Green Lantern DLC. I think my head will actually explode deciding what kind of superhero to be! I'm thinking a mix of Spidey and Bats but can fly as well! Someone with Legendary pack will have to create a boardsies clan!

Flying is where its at :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

So is it becoming a free download off of the psn or will you still have to buy the disc?

I think its a free psn pc download , i think they want to drop the disk version to 29.99 so you are just paying for the month free subscription, no one gonna bE foolish to pay full price for the f2p game. I reckon the space atleast gonna take up 25 gb worth of space

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Already a thread in games section
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74485886

Merge?

Ya, saw the other thread but knew more people would visit it with the word FREE in the thread title :). Ya its gonna be a huge download but can't complain when it will be completely free! Gonna look up some youtube vids to see the scope of character creation.

The beta was fun back in january, very buggy though , hope they sorted out the mess

I downloaded the Fight for Light DLC but I get a "Cannot access this with your account" message. Does anyone know what that means? Has this happened with anyone else?

How weird is that the old thread title is called the same (except for the word online) as my new one and its from November 2010. Anyway, How many DLCpacks are out for this at the moment?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I downloaded the Fight for Light DLC but I get a "Cannot access this with your account" message. Does anyone know what that means? Has this happened with anyone else?

Your sub paid?
    The beta was fun back in january, very buggy though , hope they sorted out the mess

Odd how many devs release betas that aren't finished.

Your sub paid?

Odd how many devs release betas that aren't finished.

:pac: i like you

Your sub paid?

I got this at the start of the month so I guess I'm still on the guest account or whatever they call it. Will I have to wait until next month when it becomes free access to play it?

I got this at the start of the month so I guess I'm still on the guest account or whatever they call it. Will I have to wait until next month when it becomes free access to play it?

if you're using the 30 days you got with the game then it should work. it a mmo so there's a big support staff on the official site, i'd try there.

• Advertisement

Looking up the vids on character creation and gameplay, it looks like you are spoilt for choice! Can't decide whether I will pick Flying, Speed running or Acrobatics. Flying looks epic but acrobatics unlocks gliding and hovering that almost looks like flying plus they have a class grappling hook to scale buildings. Then speed runners can run up buildings and shoot off the top of them and glide around! Game looks so class.

Advertisement