Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online - Download and play for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can't decide whether I will pick Flying, Speed running or Acrobatics. Flying looks epic but acrobatics unlocks gliding and hovering that almost looks like flying plus they have a class grappling hook to scale buildings. Then speed runners can run up buildings and shoot off the top of them and glide around! Game looks so class.

If you're ranged get flying and if close combat get one of the other 2, i plan on getting acrobatics and had a evil batman with it.

But just making the hero you want rather than trying to make a perfect character is fine with this game, as you can always reset points(can't remember if you can change movement).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I was thinking a batman meets punisher character with dual guns. If you pick dual guns, can you switch to dual swords for melee? Gonna go with a cap as well but the wings look class as well. Although, depends when this comes out in October as I will be spending a lot of time on Arkham City.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

quite a fun game when i played it, teleporting people to me without their permission as i am mid air :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Varik wrote: »
    if you're using the 30 days you got with the game then it should work. it a mmo so their's a big support staff on the official site, i'd try there.

Thanks Varik. I'll contact them and see what they say. Is it just me or everyone and their Mother a GL now?

How can I fulfill the find and defeat 5 new enemies missions? This one is a bit confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you pick dual guns, can you switch to dual swords for melee? Gonna go with a cap as well but the wings look class as well. Although, depends when this comes out in October as I will be spending a lot of time on Arkham City.

You can unlock a second weapon skill later in the game (about level 15 I think) so yeah you could switch. Now if this is the kind of thing restricted to "Premium" accounts......anyones guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Can someone explain to me what the story with this is, I thought it was out today for free but I can't find any information about it. No ones talking about it on the forums. Just says coming soon on the website etc. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sisko wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what the story with this is, I thought it was out today for free but I can't find any information about it. No ones talking about it on the forums. Just says coming soon on the website etc. :confused:

Until a release date is on the official website its still in the coming soon stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

Was supposed to be out on the 19th from what I read. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I stand by my confused smiley face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Downloading it now from the PSN store , found it via the search option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Clover wrote: »
    Downloading it now from the PSN store , found it via the search option.

What size is the download?

What size is the download?

122mb , then i think the addiontal file size is 20gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Anyone know if the PC version is available on free download yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

20GB? Jesus. I wont have enough HDD space for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

20gb :eek: wtf

Just installed , 15 GB to be exact , gonna wait till night time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Im getting a massive download time. Its been half an hour and all that's downloaded so far is 4%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus!!! This will never be downloaded since the downloader pauses when you are playing other games. Ah I will prob get it sometime next week. Batman is keeping me going with those riddler trophies for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Jaysus!!! This will never be downloaded since the downloader pauses when you are playing other games. Ah I will prob get it sometime next week. Batman is keeping me going with those riddler trophies for the time being.
    Yeah, I gave up and started playing Arkham city instead. It's probably the better game anyway. I was looking forward to the character creation in this though. Might try an overnight download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its a big game alright, but almost all the main quests have full voice work so that fills up a lot of room quickly.

Been looking for an MMO to play on the side, and really enjoyed DCUniverse but wasnt enough in it to pay a sub each month.

What sort of download speed have you guys got? Just trying to gauge how long it will take me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

What sort of download speed have you guys got? Just trying to gauge how long it will take me

Started downloading mysel at about 02:00pm. Only 4gb out of 14.3gb complete. Should be complete over night I guess.

Played this at Beta and quite enjoyed it but did not want to commit to sub at launch.

Glebee wrote: »
    Started downloading mysel at about 02:00pm. Only 4gb out of 14.3gb complete. Should be complete over night I guess.

Played this at Beta and quite enjoyed it but did not want to commit to sub at launch.

So 4gb in 2.5 hours, what speed Broadband have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

So 4gb in 2.5 hours, what speed Broadband have you got?

Eircom 7mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have made space by deleting game data for old games i don't play anymore. Downloading at an ok speed I guess. 4% done in 8 minutes.

30mb broadband

Glebee wrote: »
    Eircom 7mb

Nuff said lol

• Advertisement

5% 10mb broadband

Advertisement