Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online - Download and play for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I leave this till the week end, when i'll be able to get onto a good connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's after slowing right down now. 32% in 3 hours. Sigh. Will leave it go overnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It's after slowing right down now. 32% in 3 hours. Sigh. Will leave it go overnight

Lot faster than mine thats for sure 20 mins 2:30 mins

I be damned if i delete this off my hard drive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

1 hour in,16 %

I presume if I exit out of this I'll have to start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I started downloading but had to turn out off. If I turn it back on will it continue or start the download again?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I started downloading but had to turn out off. If I turn it back on will it continue or start the download again?
    Yes..

Yes..

Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wonder what price the actual disc based game will be sold for now?... I could not download 15GB on my net, it would just take way too long and probably go over the limit also...

Wonder what price the actual disc based game will be sold for now?... I could not download 15GB on my net, it would just take way too long and probably go over the limit also...

You will also get everything for the month and get a premium account after that, i download it as i won't need the disc then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    You will also get everything for the month and get a premium account after that, i download it as i won't need the disc then.

I may just have to search for a new hard drive so :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wasnt impressed with it in beta. not bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Anyone else think this business model is dying even though the industry continues to expand on it, ie the old republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Anyone else think this business model is dying even though the industry continues to expand on it, ie the old republic.

Well that's a blatant cash grab as after so many years in development they need to reap profits asap. Whether people sub enough to keep it going will depend how good the game is, but I reckon free2play in 6 months with additional planets available as DLC is not unlikely.

Downloading this, really slow! 47% after 6 hours :eek: To contrast this, Lord of the Rings Online downloaded for me in 90 minutes the weekend of its Free2Play announcement and that's around the same size. Poor Sony servers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Well that's a blatant cash grab as after so many years in development they need to reap profits asap. Whether people sub enough to keep it going will depend how good the game is, but I reckon free2play in 6 months with additional planets available as DLC is not unlikely.

Downloading this, really slow! 47% after 6 hours :eek: To contrast this, Lord of the Rings Online downloaded for me in 90 minutes the weekend of its Free2Play announcement and that's around the same size. Poor Sony servers :(

I downloaded it yesterday during the most heavy traffic and I got the whole game in less than an hour.

Also its on steam now, maybe you will get a better speed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

85% after 14 hours, I hope its worth it!!

Also, if you exit out of the download you can resume it from where you left it off, I've done it twice so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

think il get it through steam, btw is this game a hardware hog? il be using a little vaio with intel integrated graphics for the next month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Servers went down today for maintenance. Back up now, but along with 5gb update:eek:

Glebee wrote: »
    Servers went down today for maintenance. Back up now, but along with 5gb update:eek:

For **** sake , il have no hard drive left :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Thank god I just bought an extra 500gb hard drive today to put into the puter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

@Limericks was getting it on PS3 so no choice of server :(

Have it now but think the servers are down as I keep getting this message: "Disconnected. Invalid Subscription. You must be signed into your PSN account and connected to the online network to play."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Glebee wrote: »

I only had to patch about 50mb after the original download.

Has anyone created a hero/villian yet?
    I'm still deciding

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm still deciding

Yup , created a hero bout 6am today , called him greatgreywolf

Names are impossible to think of

What does the item store look like, and does this seem like it'll require a lot of micro transaction to get anything from it.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm still deciding

Made a hero yesterday and gotten him up to level 18 when the servers took a dump and I called it a night.

What does the item store look like, and does this seem like it'll require a lot of micro transaction to get anything from it.

It has the usual vanity items, inventory and bank slots along other fluff items but its very empty when compared to other MMO cash shops. You really need to spend 5 quid (or 500 SC points from other SOE games if you have them) to get bumped up to premium imho for basic things like using ingame mail but SOE really need to start pumping out content asap if they want the game to survive on F2P along.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, apparently 28 years old is too young to sign up to a SOE account when playing through steam :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Downloaded it overnight 10 hours long, created my hero phoenix knight :-) think its great going to go premium

Got a hero on PVP server, anyone else playing on that.

• Advertisement

Got a hero on PVP server, anyone else playing on that.

Ive a villan on pvp, but a hero on pve

Pvp is brutal , in the safe house straight away i was attacked by a lvl30 guy , was funny though :pac:

Advertisement