Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online - Download and play for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I don't know if many people here knew but you can phase between the PVE and PVP servers freely via the hall of doom or the watchtower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Last night i paid for the legendary access, and now the option for the green lantern dlc is gone from the marketplace. Did the dlc unlock with the upgraded account. Beat Scarecrow , a very entertaining battle. The flying was the only annoying thing but ive upgraded it now and its much faster. Looks like ive found another game that'll ill be stuck to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

tonydude wrote: »
    Last night i paid for the legendary access, and now the option for the green lantern dlc is gone from the marketplace. Did the dlc unlock with the upgraded account. Beat Scarecrow , a very entertaining battle. The flying was the only annoying thing but ive upgraded it now and its much faster. Looks like ive found another game that'll ill be stuck to.
    Try creating a new character and see if you can choose the "light" skills. If you can, then it's downloaded and unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lagging so badly now and yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Varik wrote: »
    lagging so badly now and yesterday.[/Quote

Horrible queue times as well for me

• Advertisement

ive had no problems apart from when i die and flee the system puts me below the map and am constantly falling but after 30 seconds it corrects itself with a loading screen.

Is it possible to continue gameplay from the playstation to the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Glebee wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »
    lagging so badly now and yesterday.[/Quote

Horrible queue times as well for me

So far Iv had

Huge que times that range from 30 min to 1 hour.

50% of the time I get to the loading screen and no further.

Zone between area's = being stuck at loading screen.

No mobs showing up in quest areas.

Mobs that can't be attacked in quest areas.

Mobs that I can attack but lag is so bad my abilities and combo's don't work and I die.

So the usual story with an SOE game I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Has to do with the sheer amount of people trying out the game, their servers cant handle it. I had no problems with it cept freezing last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Downloaded PC version lastnight, 14gigs, took about 3 hours... only had time this morning to make my character but didnt get a chance to play it. Counting down the hours til i finish work to try it out!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Had a good go of this now, it's decent but nothing special. The combat is unique for an mmo, being more action based and involving, but still being more button-mashing than anything else. PVP can be fun as you band together with folk to try and complete quests and hold off the opposing players at the same time. The problem is the quests though. They're the usual kill x of y or collect x of y quests that plague mmos and are such a snore to play. The voice acting is top notch and bookending the quests with these at least gives you something to look forward to.

However locking voice chat on the PS3 for free to play players really limits the experience. Surely being able to talk would build a community of players who would then want to spend money to unlock the clan option? You can gesture and text via the joypad if you so wish, but it's clear the chatting was made with a PC keyboard in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Think im going to leave this for a few weeks before I play again (or try should I say). Massive queue times and bad lag are ruining it for me anyway at the moment.

Whats the difference between PVP and PVE???

PVP you can be attacked by the other side at pretty much any point, I think. PvE you can't get attacked unless you do one of the PvP challenge misssions.

I see, pretty sure i clicked on pvp this morning, but didnt get a chance to play yet so we'll see what happens tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I got this this morning and I think I clicked on PVE (it was the top one anyway), created my character etc, but haven't tried to play the game as of yet.

Really looking forward to it :D

PSN Id is hygromotor!!

Some people are saying that the servers are flooded and theyre waiting ages for the game to load? Is this on ps3 or pc? Or both???

There is a level difference limit for PVP (or there was), so i at lvl 4 can't get kill by a lvl 20.

The lower lvl character can start a fight so don't click on anyone who you don't want to be killed by, unless there are a **** ton of you ganging up on them.

Playing Hero (when it works) on PVP, just starting and looking for someone to do the first few Gotham quests.

Some people are saying that the servers are flooded and theyre waiting ages for the game to load? Is this on ps3 or pc? Or both???

PC for sure but can't comment on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

I would if this game didn't need so much of the PS3 hard drive space

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Haven't seen any lag issues on the ps3

• Advertisement

Got playing it after work, didnt take to long to get into it and there was no lag. turned it off and went to the gym and when i came back i went to turn it on again and it said there was a 6gig update needed before i could continue!!! FFS!!!!

Got playing it after work, didnt take to long to get into it and there was no lag. turned it off and went to the gym and when i came back i went to turn it on again and it said there was a 6gig update needed before i could continue!!! FFS!!!!

That 6gb update is a bug or your installation is corrupt. No way has an update that's almost half the size of the game with no patch notes been dropped and only a few people got it. Iv been on and off a few times tonight and zero updates for me.

Venom wrote: »
    That 6gb update is a bug or your installation is corrupt. No way has an update that's almost half the size of the game with no patch notes been dropped and only a few people got it. Iv been on and off a few times tonight and zero updates for me.

I know a few people that had to update it. Its done now anyway and running fine. Although I seem to be stuck already! Ive done the first mission (Escape from brainacs ship) and ive done a bit of exploring and im being told to get to a safehouse mail room, which ive done and checked my messages but nothings happening and theres nobody to interact with in order to do my next mission, anyone have any ideas??

theres missions available in the journal, i had tosort out a group of monkeys on the beach and it followed an event after that which eventually led to a boss fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I know a few people that had to update it. Its done now anyway and running fine. Although I seem to be stuck already! Ive done the first mission (Escape from brainacs ship) and ive done a bit of exploring and im being told to get to a safehouse mail room, which ive done and checked my messages but nothings happening and theres nobody to interact with in order to do my next mission, anyone have any ideas??

I got a message (from Batman) telling me to go to sort out scarecrow. I imagine you have to accept the mission in the messages.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I got a message (from Batman) telling me to go to sort out scarecrow. I imagine you have to accept the mission in the messages.

I dont have any messages though, I had one from the oracle just saying this is the message hub blah blah blah, do i just have to wait for the message to come??

I dont have any messages though, I had one from the oracle just saying this is the message hub blah blah blah, do i just have to wait for the message to come??
    Sorry to second guess you, but is there nothing in your journal at all?

When you got the email, did you take the attachment on it? That might be what triggers the next part. What usually happens is that you're automatically contacted by your mentor to start your first story arc.

If you still can't start a mission, is there anyone in the local area or map with an exclamation point over their head, to get a mission (or it might be a question mark. I can't remember)?

Failing that, I think you may have to start again with a new character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

humanji wrote: »

When you got the email, did you take the attachment on it? That might be what triggers the next part. What usually happens is that you're automatically contacted by your mentor to start your first story arc.

If you still can't start a mission, is there anyone in the local area or map with an exclamation point over their head, to get a mission (or it might be a question mark. I can't remember)?

You can probably just wander outside too, and have a look, reloading the level might help.

I was playing last night, it's ferociously laggy right now. Not terribly impressed. It looks shiny and all that, but I"m not seeing the appeal. Also, I wanted to build something like Captain America and I think I did it wrong. Back to the drawing board.

Also: Voice chat: you have to pay for it, but does that mean you have to pay a fiver for something in the store, or subscribe?

humanji wrote: »

Nothing at all, i deleted the message from the oracle that was just saying what the message hub is. There was an attachment and I saved it but nothing happened! If I do have to start again it wont be a big deal, ive done nothing in the game yet so I dont mind

• Advertisement

Snakeblood wrote: »

You're playing pve right?

Or pvp

Advertisement