Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online - Download and play for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Varik wrote: »
    You're playing pve right?

Or pvp

Im not actually sure, which one should I be on? I'm fairly new to online gaming!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You're playing pve right?

Or pvp

Im not actually sure, which one should I be on? I'm fairly new to online gaming!! lol

You can be on either but if you're on the pvp which would show somewhere when loading your character we could team up and do the quests, it's faster than alone.

You can be on either but if you're on the pvp which would show somewhere when loading your character we could team up and do the quests, it's faster than alone.

Yeah sounds like a plan, who have you got mentoring you?

Yeah sounds like a plan, who have you got mentoring you?

I am the night, I am vengeance, I am Batman.

Going for a red robin kinda hero.

I am the night, I am vengeance, I am Batman.

Going for a red robin kinda hero.

Cool, I went with fighting for Truth, Justice and for those who cant fight for themselves....... Superman!!! (but im pretty sure you figured that part out on your own :P )

I went for a The New 52 Superman#1 look, jeans, t-shirt, boots and a short cape

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

My hero looks like a mix between nightwing and superman

My hero looks like a mix between nightwing and superman

Take a screenshot cause that sounds pretty cool!

anyone playing now?

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Been trying to beat Grodd for the last hour and just as im about to give him the last few slaps the poxy game crashes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Been trying to beat Grodd for the last hour and just as im about to give him the last few slaps the poxy game crashes!!!!
    Oh there are worse bugs than that. I was doing the Ultra Humanite group mission and we spent almost an hour trying to kill him because the level kept resetting. I haven't had the heart to try other group missions since that one awoke my real life superpower of nerd rage!

Did you figure out what was wrong with your lack of missions earlier, or did you start again?

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Oh there are worse bugs than that. I was doing the Ultra Humanite group mission and we spent almost an hour trying to kill him because the level kept resetting. I haven't had the heart to try other group missions since that one awoke my real life superpower of nerd rage!

Did you figure out what was wrong with your lack of missions earlier, or did you start again?

That would do your head in too!! Yeah I figured it out. I missed a notification telling me to find someone in the police station, found it in my journal and that started the quest where i was fighting the apes on the beach leading up to Grodd. I'll prob mess around for a while to night to get some experience and skill points up and then go take him on again, and stock up on some health drinks and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Said id give this a go for free on PS3. Started the 14.5gb download before I went to college this morning at 10.30. Came home a while ago expecting it to be done......85% now is all - nearly 5 hours.

How long did it take for everyone else?

Said id give this a go for free on PS3. Started the 14.5gb download before I went to college this morning at 10.30. Came home a while ago expecting it to be done......85% now is all - nearly 5 hours.

How long did it take for everyone else?

It took me about 3 hours. I have 12mb next generation broadband from Pure Telecom. What have you got??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

It took me about 3 hours. I have 12mb next generation broadband from Pure Telecom. What have you got??

6 Hours on 10mb UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Are you sure it wasn't just the boss resetting? It happens when everyone on the team dies or there is no team member nearby. This is the same for 90% of mmo's out there.

Limericks wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't just the boss resetting? It happens when everyone on the team dies or there is no team member nearby. This is the same for 90% of mmo's out there.
    Nah, we thought it could be that, but it actually happened while we were around the guy, knocking lumps out of him. The whole thing just reset, where we popped back to the start and had to go through the whole level again.

Beat Grodd last night on my own, was well chuffed!! Found out that the best strategy was to stay back and shoot fire blasts at him until the flash had him distracted and then you get about a 10 second window to go in and unleash the fury on his ass!! And just kept repeating that!!

Unlocked some new powers and fighting moves too, but what im really waiting for is to get some flight speed!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Unlocked some new powers and fighting moves too, but what im really waiting for is to get some flight speed!!!!!!

You can upgrade that at lvl 10 i think really handy

tonydude wrote: »
    You can upgrade that at lvl 10 i think really handy

Yeah I saw that in the power upgrade menu, I'm on level 6 now so hopefully it wont be too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Yeah I saw that in the power upgrade menu, I'm on level 6 now so hopefully it wont be too long!

Is it possible to team up in this game and do objectives together, whats your psn ill add you

• Advertisement

tonydude wrote: »
    Is it possible to team up in this game and do objectives together, whats your psn ill add you

I'm on PC dude, but cheers for the invite. Wouldnt mind a few team mates for some of the missions, they seem pretty tough, and I've only done 2!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

My in game name is Sinestroid on PC. I have it on ps3 aswell since beta but prefer playing on pc :D

Limericks wrote: »
    My in game name is Sinestroid on PC. I have it on ps3 aswell since beta but prefer playing on pc :D

Cool well when I'm online next i'll search for ya.. I think my in game name is Kearnsy, cant remember though lol. (all the cool names I thought of were taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

So is there a boards clan on any of the PS3 servers?

Made some decent progress over the weekend. Unlocked the fast flight upgrade and heat vision. My Hero isnt getting the sh*t kicked out of him everytime a villain shows up! One question though, you know the armor upgrades you get for completeing tasks? If you equip them your stats go up.... however most of them look shoite so does taking them off put your stats back down??

Made some decent progress over the weekend. Unlocked the fast flight upgrade and heat vision. My Hero isnt getting the sh*t kicked out of him everytime a villain shows up! One question though, you know the armor upgrades you get for completeing tasks? If you equip them your stats go up.... however most of them look shoite so does taking them off put your stats back down??
    Yeah, but you're able to equip items and not have them show up on your character. I can't for the life of me remember exactly what it is, but I think that when you first get the item, you equip it in your inventory. Then that piece of kit is added to your costume pieces list, which is a different page to your inventory (not sure how you get there on console, but on PC when you open your inventory, there's buttons at the bottom of the screen for powers, trophies etc. One of these is your costumes).

Then once in there, you can see what items you've collected and can mix and match each piece. You can also lock a specific item, or all items so that when you find something new and equip it in your inventory, you get the stats boost, but don't put the item on.

Does any of that make sense? It's more difficult to explain than I thought.

Yeah, but you're able to equip items and not have them show up on your character. I can't for the life of me remember exactly what it is, but I think that when you first get the item, you equip it in your inventory. Then that piece of kit is added to your costume pieces list, which is a different page to your inventory (not sure how you get there on console, but on PC when you open your inventory, there's buttons at the bottom of the screen for powers, trophies etc. One of these is your costumes).

Then once in there, you can see what items you've collected and can mix and match each piece. You can also lock a specific item, or all items so that when you find something new and equip it in your inventory, you get the stats boost, but don't put the item on.

Does any of that make sense? It's more difficult to explain than I thought.

It actually makes perfect sense, after equipping the new items i went into the costume tab on the bottom menu (im on pc too) and changed back to what i want, and I was wondering what the padlock logo was for!

Thanks dude :)

Gotten fairly quiet in here..... are people still playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Got bored of it fairly quickly although the server problems did not help. Dont know if id be bothered going back

• Advertisement

was going to go back after servers got fixed but skyrim.

Advertisement