Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online - Download and play for FREE!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

How Long did this generally take to download for people? Mines only went up 4% in nearly 2 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

amandaf675 wrote: »
    How Long did this generally take to download for people? Mines only went up 4% in nearly 2 hours :(

It took me about 5 hours on 12mb ngb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Game is pretty damn good.
    Took me just over 4 hours to download.

One thing I will say though... the free servers seem to be always full, theres a silly long wait time (3000+ long queue) to sign in unless you play at a very late hour on the weekdays.

My advice. Buy the Green lantern DLC (its a tenner) because it will upgrade your account to a permanent Premium account because you spent over €5 on content. You get 6 character slots, more populated servers and no waiting times.

Long story short:

Game for free = waiting times kill any enjoyment, but you can see what its like.
    Game for €10 = win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gotten fairly quiet in here..... are people still playing?

Too be honest I haven't played it as much since I maxed out at Level 30. Doesn't seem to be too much of a point to continue after that. Unless they plan on increasing the Level cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Still playing this whenever I can get on my station . Level 27 and still enjoying it cant wait to get to 30 for the dlc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I downloaded this when it went free last year but didn't start playing until yesterday. I'm loving it so far and will almost certainly pick up the DLC very soon.

I've never played an MMORPG before as I'm not much of a PC gamer so the things that this might be doing poorly I wouldn't realise. I'm just enjoying what it is.

I'm a hero (Thunder Champion, mentored by Superman) on PvE on PS3, if anyone fancies teaming up at some point. I'm looking forward to creating a bad guy before too long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I played it for a while, but I found the communication was really bad. Is there voice chat for groups or do many people hook up keyboards? I have only put maybe 3 hours in so not too much invested timewise just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think voice chat is disabled for people playing for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally got around to finishing this download, gonna give it a lash later on. Whats the difference between PvP and PvE? Whats the best one to pick?

Anyone on PSN still playing gimme an add if ye wanna team up - sheehy83

EDIT: Just read you can teleport between the pve and pvp servers now. I see pvp means real people can attack you and high level characters like to pick on noobs. Might level a guy up in pve first.

Advertisement