Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone update issue

Options
  • 30-11-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have just updated my iphone 4 to 4.2 but now the screen on my iphone displays the usb connector to the itunes icon.

When i plug it in, itunes says it is in recovery mode and i have to restore the iphone before itunes can recognise it.

Is there anyway around this? I really don;t want to lose all my data. the update appeared to be going normal, except i had to restart it twice and my internet crashed.

I would appreciate any help. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Try using RecBoot to kick it out of recovery mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭theyearof2010

it says I've to install some .NET framework.

If i do restore is it just a case of hitting sync and having to wait for it all to be put back on?

thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

If i do restore is it just a case of hitting sync and having to wait for it all to be put back on?

yup. annoying, but you shouldn't lose anything

Advertisement