Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs League Winners

Options
  • 30-11-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey Guys,Im fairly new to this and only just stumbled across this page...frickin delighted:D.Anyway I was came across the handicap betting on paddypower for the league.Spurs +17 22/1 I think personally that's a great bet considering the way the league is panning out and the form spurs are in even with all the injuries.Anyone else feel this bet is worth few quid?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hey Guys,Im fairly new to this and only just stumbled across this page...frickin delighted:D.Anyway I was came across the handicap betting on paddypower for the league.Spurs +17 22/1 I think personally that's a great bet considering the way the league is panning out and the form spurs are in even with all the injuries.Anyone else feel this bet is worth few quid?:)

Well thinking about it logically it's a great bet.

we are currently 6 points behind with 40% of the season gone so on that form we should finish up well below the the required 16 point gap.

having said that, allot will depend on us and I have a feelinf united could go on a major run this season with everyone else being so **** at the moment.

I'm going to go stick €10 on it now myself. its definately not impossible but i wouldn't count on it by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Winner will be determined only after the handicap is added to all listed teams at the end of the season.

I didn't see that bit (I was wondering how Chelsea were 50/1 at +0)

it's dead money mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sideofbacon

ziedth wrote: »

I didn't see that bit (I was wondering how Chelsea were 50/1 at +0)

it's dead money mate.

Do you really think so?Maybe im understanding the whole thing wrong but say Chelsea finish top with 85points and Spurs finish with say 70points + the 17points =87points,would that not mean the bet comes through?Im really bloody confused now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Do you really think so?Maybe im understanding the whole thing wrong but say Chelsea finish top with 85points and Spurs finish with say 70points + the 17points =87points,would that not mean the bet comes through?Im really bloody confused now:confused:

Yea thats right, but you have to add all the points to all the other teams. Then see who comes out top.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I'm on a day off so I've little else to be doing (ignoring family, lethal footpaths, jobjar). We're 40% through the season, so this is how the final table will look assuming everyone performs the same over the remaining 60%:

Man Utd 77
    Arsenal 72
    Chelsea 72
    Man City 65
    Tottenham 62
    Bolton 57
    Stoke 50
    Sunderland 50
    Blackpool 47
    Liverpool 47
    Newcastle 47
    West Brom 47
    Blackburn 45
    Aston Villa 42
    Birmingham 42
    Everton 40
    Fulham 37
    Wigan 35
    West Ham 30
    Wolverhampton 30

If we add the handicap points to these final scores, this is how the table will look:

Blackpool 101
    Bolton 98
    West Brom 96
    Stoke 90
    Newcastle 87
    Blackburn 85
    Sunderland 85
    Arsenal 81
    Birmingham 81
    Man Utd 79
    Tottenham 79
    Wigan 79
    Fulham 75
    Wolverhampton 75
    Man City 73
    Chelsea 72
    West Ham 70
    Aston Villa 67
    Everton 62
    Liverpool 60

So put your money on Blackpool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 sideofbacon

:D Thanks guys,that really clears it all up.So my father was right ''you'll never see a poor bookie'' me thinking I was gonna beat the bookie:mad: wishful thinking.Really helpful posts tho guys.....lord god if Blackpool did win that bet:eek:

Bolton, West Brom and Blackpool all on very short odds (11/4)...

So what would have paid off?

West Brom 1st on 96 points (their final points + 49 bonus points)
    Blackpool 2nd on 93 (final points + 54)
    Bolton and Fulham 3rd on 87

then

Stoke 86
    Newcastle 86
    Wigan 86
    Wolverhampton 85
    Blackburn 83
    Man Utd 82
    Sunderland 82
    Man City 79
    Tottenham 79