Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make-up Brushes

• 30-11-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,

I was wondering can anyone help me with buying make up brushes, Iv seen a few sets from sigma, Mac and E.L.F but im not too sure which ones are the best. Or does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for a fairly decent set but don't want to break the bank. The Sigma one's look okay but Iv never heard of them till now.

Thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Hi there!

I have both MAC and Sigma brushes so I can only speak for them but MAC are the best quality brushes money can buy in my opinion, the brush hair keep their shape and colour brilliantly. If looked after they will last forever, the only downside to MAC is their price, they are a little pricey!

Sigma brushes are fantastic quality, they are a very close second. I use Sigma brushes in my kit with my MAC brushes I like them so much! They only cons I have found with them is that the black brush hair does seem to run a bit when washed. The hair dont look like it has lost any colour but the towel shows the colour running.. They sell kits on the website which work out very economically in comparison to buying the same brushes in a kit from MAC. I would def recommend! :)

Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CosmicLove19

My other half bought the Sigma set last year and I have to say they are amazing, the quality is just as good as Mac and they're so much cheaper. 100% from me :) Just a tip though, get a good brush cleaner as the baby shampoo doesn't do half as good a job and if you don't clean the Sigma ones your makeup (especially foundation) starts to look very cakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

I have the 12 piece Sigma brush set (with brush roll :P ) and I love it. I've only had travel Mac brushes, the quality seems better in my Sigma, don't know how the comparison of the full size would go. If your at all tight on cash and can't afford Mac then I really couldn't recommend Sigma enough.
    If you're ultra skint my sister got the travel set and they're a really decent size, you might want to buy more eye brushes but you get all the basic face brushes.
    Also if you think you're going to get Sigma, the flat top Kabuki is awesome for mousse foundation and the likes!

I second also buying a nice brush cleanser regardless of what you buy, I use baby shampoo and cleanser, using both works best for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Missus Maguu

Hey, dont know if this right place for this question, if not feel free to move it!
    I'm looking to buy either Bobbi Brown or MAC brushes... so Ive been searching on the net and found this site
    http://www.maccosmeticswholesale.net/featured_products.html

I'm wondering if ye think they are genuine or not?! Ive come across ALOT of sites including ebay where people are selling clearly fake brushes.. but Im not sure about this one. They claim they are 100% genuine but just thought I'd get a few opinions. Dont want to fork out the money and then be disappointed with them when they arrive.

Any help would be appriciated :) xx

This link doesn't show any specific pics for me. I do see they have "12 piece Mac Brush Sets", these are fake, I'm 99% sure that Mac only to travel brush sets that come in 4/5 and have tiny handles, any other brush sets are fake. I could be wrong but I wouldn't trust anything on this site.
    That's just me though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 lour26

What about e.l.f?? Iv seen these on a few threads and they are really cheap but maybe too cheap??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hey, dont know if this right place for this question, if not feel free to move it!
    I'm looking to buy either Bobbi Brown or MAC brushes... so Ive been searching on the net and found this site
    http://www.maccosmeticswholesale.net/featured_products.html

I'm wondering if ye think they are genuine or not?! Ive come across ALOT of sites including ebay where people are selling clearly fake brushes.. but Im not sure about this one. They claim they are 100% genuine but just thought I'd get a few opinions. Dont want to fork out the money and then be disappointed with them when they arrive.

Any help would be appriciated :) xx

Fakes. Expect to pay 25 - 40 per Mac brush and they always come individually or else in special holiday sets with short handles and only in groups of 5. There's no where you can get them online, you need to go to BTs.

lour26 wrote: »
    What about e.l.f?? Iv seen these on a few threads and they are really cheap but maybe too cheap??
    I have the elf studio kabuki and like it a lot, have't used any other brushes of theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Missus Maguu

Thanks a mil for having a look and your responses. Wont be buying on line then. Had a feeling it was too good to be true! At least I know now rather than buying them and being disappointed. A trip to BT's I think xx

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Why not check out the Crown brush site. I have a good few of those brushes and I love them. They are cheap and you can pick ones that you want and make your own set! I like the Italian Bagder series. Really nice. I can give you some of the numbers of the brushes that I find most useful if you like!!
    I would recommend getting a Mac 187 for your foundation. Love love love it! :) It's pricey though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Why not check out the Crown brush site. I have a good few of those brushes and I love them. They are cheap and you can pick ones that you want and make your own set! I like the Italian Bagder series. Really nice. I can give you some of the numbers of the brushes that I find most useful if you like!!
    I would recommend getting a Mac 187 for your foundation. Love love love it! :) It's pricey though. :(

Hey where did you purchase them from? is there a retail outlet in Dublin or can they only be bought online?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread is three years old. Locked.

Try a search in the Beauty forum or start a new topic there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement