Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software to create flyers and posters

Options
  • 30-11-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi just wondering would any of you's know a good program i could get to create flyers posters etc, I want a really good program but is easy to use.

Any help would be great, O also software to make movies

Cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Sounds like the adobe suite ticks all them boxes. Illustrator and photoshop for your posters and flyers. After effects for editing video footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

steve_ wrote: »
    Sounds like the adobe suite ticks all them boxes. Illustrator and photoshop for your posters and flyers. After effects for editing video footage.

Cheers man, are they easy to use because i'll be starting from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

They are pretty involved, but its nothings that cant be learned. They are some of the biggest softwares in the world so there 1000's of hours worth of training online. I recently signed up to lynda.com and they have serious amount of training when it comes to adobe products, kelby training is also really good.

Theres also free alternatives, like inkscape and gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

That Adobe stuff is highly expensive and is really for professionals. If you want to do some small fliers and posters I would recommend looking at this site. These are limited editions and work very well for small publications. There is also a very good forum where you can get great advice. DTP (desktop publishing) can be complicated with a fairly steep learning curve.

Don't hesitate to ask for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Feeling good

stedabee wrote: »
    Hi just wondering would any of you's know a good program i could get to create flyers posters etc, I want a really good program but is easy to use.

Any help would be great, O also software to make movies

Cheers:D

What about inkscape? Not VERY easy to use, I would say it's similar to photoshop but has sooo many usefull features. I think you can download it for free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement