Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westland Studios Announcement

• 30-11-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi folks.

Many of you probably haven't heard of me, My Name is Alwyn Walker, I've been running Komodo Studios in County Down for 10 years or so.

The last few years I've been getting most of my work from rock and metal bands from across ireland (although I genuinely love producing and engineering ALL styles of music) I guess the work I have done that would be best known in Dublin would be producing Glyder's second album "Playground for Life". Glyder have played on stages with the likes of Thin Lizzy and Metallica.

Anyway, I'm here introducing myself as I'm moving to Dublin to run Westland Studios, which I'm sure many of you have heard of.

As you might expect from a studio that has seen artists like U2, Bob Dylan, The Corrs, Placebo etc... through its doors, the studio is large enough and designed to accomodate any style of music.

I will be discounting the studio rates for the next few months (tailored to each project) so if you have any questions or would like a tour round the studio, get in touch via the email or myspace below.

westlandstudios@gmail.com
    www.westlandstudios.ie (under construction)
    www.myspace.com/westlandstudios

P.S. Feel free to invite me to your band's gigs or rehearsals too, as I like to know what i'm dealing with before pressing record.

P.P.S. If you'd like to hear some of my more recent producing work, check out www.myspace.com/thesilentson

SO, who are you then? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

good luck alwyn.

would be great to see westland get back to being the force it once was :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

[QUOTE=Westland Studios is a legendary recording facility based in Dublin city centre.

Since its opening in 1985, it has welcomed many top artists through its doors such as U2, Placebo, Van Morrison, The Coors, Bob Dylan, Cathy Davey, The Brilliant Things, Neil Hannon etc...[/QUOTE]

Who are The Coors? Are they the crowd that sang about the bunch of beer bottles sitting on a wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Alwyn Walker

Philsopher wrote: »
    Who are The Coors? Are they the crowd that sang about the bunch of beer bottles sitting on a wall?

ha! yeah friends of Bud Dylan I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

saying coors around the corrs is a sackable offence!!

as is advertising coors beer at venues where the corrs are playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Best of Luck Alwyn !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

heard some stuff from komodo recently, Good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Alwyn Walker

Thanks Zombie :-)
    Check out www.myspace.com/deadlabelireland for my latest completed metal production

Advertisement