Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Drain the water out of your Camper!!!!

• 30-11-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Sorry for shouting..lol
    Just a gentle reminder , aside from all the mentions elsewhere , to check ALL the water is drained out of your Camper , unless you have heating going in it . Once again , open the valve/bung on the fresh water and waste water tanks , make sure the boiler drain is open , check that there is no water in the flushing part of the loo , leave all taps in the "On" position , halfway between hot and cold , and when the tank has emptied , run the pump for a few seconds .
    I spent most of the early part of this year fixing water leaks/taps etc that could have been prevented....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Thanks,
    I'd drained down all the tanks but I's a chemical toilet in the van which I'd forgotten about, I'll get it done at lunch time - thankfully it's not to late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Did it last night, but the water was already frozen. I turned on the water heater and heated the water, and drained it out. There is still water in the pipes, which is frozen. They seem alright, but if any at all, the damage has already been done at this stage. Have to keep fingers crossed until the thaw and see if its all ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Did it last night, but the water was already frozen. I turned on the water heater and heated the water, and drained it out. There is still water in the pipes, which is frozen. They seem alright, but if any at all, the damage has already been done at this stage. Have to keep fingers crossed until the thaw and see if its all ok.

Check at the joints of the pipes. Most likely a joint could be pushed apart going into/out of the water heater/pump etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Old Timer

No need to drain down system here in Sunny Spain. Have heard on RTE1 news that the winter is a little worse than last year. Site Fees here for month in winter 250 euro.
    To all of you DO DRAIN DOWN ALL WATER IN YOUR CAMPER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

old timer
    im so jealous
    hopefully someday
    good luck;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Its not necessarily too late...its during the Thaw the damage occurs(thats when you get the expansion)
    So if you have taps open or lines vented before the thaw you should have nothiong to worry about.
    Rgds,
    Marty.

Advertisement