Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra Store in Kilmacthomas

Options
  • 30-11-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I'd like to say an immense thank you to them and also to advise other people in the area of their over and beyond the call of duty service which could come in handy for many of you or your relatives.

My parents are living on the height above Bunmahon village on the Joinery road and were running short of provisions yesterday with my mother deciding to see whether she would make it to Kill. I rang round the usual supermarkets and the Kilmac Centra were the only ones willing to deliver to Bunmahon. The driver and his helpers couldn't make it up the hill to Ballinasissla so they parked in the car park by the caravan park and walked the mile up to their house carrying the groceries.

They were returning this afternoon with another bag of groceries plus my mother's medication which the gardai from Tramore valiantly tried to deliver yesterday but were defeated by Annestown hill. The pharmacy in Tramore arranged with the pharmacy in Kilmac for the Centra driver to collect it and take it out with the rest of the groceries. That is brilliant service from everyone concerned and really a huge relief to my siblings and I who are not in a position to go down and see that they have whatever they need.

In this weather they are saviours for the old folk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Mods, just realised that this might be misconstrued as advertising. It's not meant to be. Just an attempt to show that money isn't all that drives businesses these days and a heads up to others in the area who didn't realise they could avail of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

That's such a nice story. You wouldn't think people would be kind enough to do that these days. I'm glad they came to help! It's really icy in Kilmac right now too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Thats a great story! Good to see that everyone is chipping together down there. Would be quite a sight in Dublin! :)

Sods law. Their van broke down today so they are hoping to get out to Bunmahon tomorrow all going well. I could kill the woman for running low on her tablets. She won't say which ones they are but I'd bet my child benefit they are her heart ones. I'd ground her if she wasn't grounded already. :rolleyes:

Well done the lads. Parked at the bottom of the hill again and walked up with the stuff. Centra, putting Bear Grylls to shame. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement