Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question regarding visa/paypal

Options
  • 30-11-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have a visa card with a limit of 500. Yesterday it was somewhere up at its limit, so i paid off 80 euro through phone banking. I tried to buy something from Ebay through Paypal for 30 euro yesterday. A message came up

"This card cannot be used for this transaction. You can complete the checkout with another debit or credit card. Please enter your new card information below."

I tried to pay for the item off ebay there now and it wouldn't work again.

Does this mean the card hasn't been paid off yet as in its taking a while for the payment to go through? Or is it some other problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Probably the limit. You may have been past the limit when you paid off the 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

I'd say it's just taking a while for the payment to go through...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

3DataModem wrote: »
    Probably the limit. You may have been past the limit when you paid off the 80.

I was thinking that but for that to happen i would've had to have been 50 euro over the limit before i paid 80 for me to be still over the limit trying to buy the item for 30 euro. Could that be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Payment takes a day or two to get onto the credit card so you must wait for this.

Advertisement