Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham United v Manchester United Match Thread 30/11/10

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Biggest win since Derby away in 2007 IIRC :pac:
    Only 19 points behind ye in the league. You'll be looking over your shoulders in no time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think Man United need to get good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mister men wrote: »
    All banter aside lads are United fans even a small bit worried about Macheda. He looks a very very average footballer considering great things where expected of him.

He's 20 and came on at half time into a seond string team getting mullered. Knee jerk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

BERBA wrote: »
    Man United last saturday , Man United tonight......what a difference

Fixed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

flahavaj wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

The voice of experience. 35 years of it.

Our time is coming, yours is nearly done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

karma_ wrote: »
    Don't worry, these kinda nights will be more and more frequent in the coming seasons.

Same thing echoed by a lot of ABU's during 2005/06 season, and that didn't work out too well for them!

Well done to West Ham though - it would be best for their fans if Grant is given enough time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

He's 20 and came on at half time into a seond string team getting mullered. Knee jerk.
    Yeah because i'm forming an opinion of him just from today's match. The grown up's are posting here take a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

All banter aside lads are United fans even a small bit worried about Macheda. He looks a very very average footballer considering great things where expected of him.
    Haven't been impressed with him in a long time tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Considering how many average players you watch each week, you should be able to judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

missed this one..did utd play a weakened team? will they get fined?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I don't think he has the mobility to be a top class striker to be honest, always looks quite cumbersome in his movement to me, and lacks any real pace. Then again, maybe he'll become the master of the offside goal like his compatriot filippo inzaghi!

I really do think Welbeck is the better all-round prospect. Maybe not quite as good a natural finisher, but I feel he is better in almost all other areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He's being poor for a while now, we won't make it at utd, most utd would admit that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Delighted! Great result and without parker aswell. Cole will probably be going in Jan so that first good performance this season will bring his pricetag up and encourage somebody to buy. Good cup run is always nice.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

embarrassing.

Some way to lose our unbeaten record too.

Oh well....

Man of the Mitch voting lads... pick the bones outta that crap!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

niallo27 wrote: »
    He's being poor for a while now, we won't make it at utd, most utd would admit that

I'm prepared to give the lad a chance, like most reasonable fans would. He's already done more in his short career than most players that come through do in a lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

you meant our time is coming karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Biggest win since Derby away in 2007 IIRC :pac:
    Only 19 points behind ye in the league. You'll be looking over your shoulders in no time ;)

Fair play to ye, West Ham seemed to be playing at least a gear or two higher the us tonight, first to every breaking ball and more positive.

Same thing echoed by a lot of ABU's during 2005/06 season, and that didn't work out too well for them!

Well done to West Ham though - it would be best for their fans if Grant is given enough time.

Law of averages says we will get it right eventually :)

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    I don't think he has the mobility to be a top class striker to be honest, always looks quite cumbersome in his movement to me, and lacks any real pace. Then again, maybe he'll become the master of the offside goal like his compatriot filippo inzaghi!

I really do think Welbeck is the better all-round prospect. Maybe not quite as good a natural finisher, but I feel he is better in almost all other areas.
    I'd be most worried about his attitude more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Considering how many average players you watch each week, you should be able to judge

And you wonder why people enjoy seeing utd get beat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

davyjose wrote: »
    Any Arsenal fans want to tell us we're no longer in the midst of an unbeaten season?

???

You're no longer in the midst of an unbeaten season... :pac:

Anyway, one great result does not a Championship winning side make and equally one horrific result does not a bad side make either.

United are probably better off without the distraction of a two leg midweek game in January. [West Ham could probably do without it too! :P]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

as the song goes

"this is what it feels like to be city"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Disappointed we're outta the CC, Ive really enjoy the competition up until tonite anyway :pac:

Well played west ham, completely deserved 4-0 and a more if they had been lucky.

If we can take any good from the battering, at least it happened to the pups rather Than the first team; it'll make the younger lads work harder after getting humbled like they did. Id be a bit worried about Utd this weekend considering our away record. December is gonna be an interesting month in the league...

Barcelona last night , Man United tonight......what a difference

Man United on saturday, Man United tonight......what a difference. Your point?

You sure your not a Liverpool fan? Sounds eerily familiar.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pro. F wrote: »
    Our second string rocks.

Maybe not so much.

I had a lot of stream problems tonight so my reading of the game may be way off. It seemed to me like we were moving the ball around well in midfield but not getting nearly enough quality on the final pass. And our defence just gave goals away for fun. Also, West Ham played well and fair play to them. They were hungry and they kept their concentration all game. I hope they go on and do well now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

is there an echo in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

As payback for the slagging that went on in the Young Boys/Spurs and Inter/Spurs threads: HAHAHA LOL United etc.

In fairness it's probably better to get a poor performance out of the way in the Carling Cup, it happened us in the Arsenal CC game and tbh I'd say 'Arry is glad not to have a game this week.

I do think this result highlights the fact that ye are lacking depth in a few areas, CB particularly.

Congratulations to West Ham... Avram Grant to repeat his trick of a Cup Final and relegation in the one season? ;)

Man Utd on Saturday woudn't live with barca. End of story pal.
    barca are on a different planet and quite possibly one of the most brilliant club teams ever !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Only positive to take is that the 29 game unbeaten streak won't keep being mentioned. Let west ham have their night and roll on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Evans O Shea and Fletcher were awful to name a few.
    Big well done to West Ham really. Played better, wanted it more, passed the ball better and won most of the 50 50s cause they wanted it more.

Really Evans has gone so far backwards in 12 months its hard to know what to do with him.

is there an echo in here?

No, you really are posting the same bullsh*t over and over.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

United out of the Carling Cup? Wha??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Jimmy Carr like tonight flah in response. Top order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Have to say, I thought United had the strongest squad in the league this season but this performance does cast some doubts over their strength in depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

syngindub wrote: »
    Man Utd on Saturday woudn't live with barca. End of story pal.
    barca are on a different planet and quite possibly one of the most brilliant club teams ever !!

What an inciteful contribution to a match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Have to say, I thought United had the strongest squad in the league this season but this performance does cast some doubts over their strength in depth.

Blue half of Manchester has the strongest squad on paper by a country mile.

Spurs probably second.

adox wrote: »
    What an inciteful contribution to a match thread.
    i know :) i just had to get that off my chest ..sorry

cson wrote: »

Spurs probably second.

I approve of this post.

Spurs probably second.
    Agreed but United have the superior manager, by a distance.

• Advertisement

Agreed but United have the superior manager, by a distance.

This. United won the Premiership three years in a row without once having the strongest squad on paper.

Spurs probably second.

Maybe they should get a paper trophy for doing so well on paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Maybe they should get a paper trophy for doing so well on paper?

I have to say Flah, you're playing well tonight. Well, as well as a Waterford man can I suppose.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

They just keep throwing them, and Flah just keeps knocking them out of the park! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Really enjoyed tonights match, it had a bit of everything. I was waiting for the comeback - but it never came, which is strange as Utd certainly didn't have a reserve team out. Delighted for Avram and the Hammers - always had a soft spot for them - hope they can push on now with the confidence of back to back victories.
    As for Utd - bad night at the office, but I'm sure If they win at the weekend tonight will be forgotten about sharpish. If they lose at the weekend then I'm sure people will be talking about the possibiblity of Utd losing 3 in a row. Either way it was a great night for united, I mean the hammers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Interesting fact: That's the first time Carlton Cole has scored more than once in a game for us.
    That was probably the most surreal game I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Spurs probably second.

The League Table Begs to differ. Perhaps you're getting money mixed up with talent.:D

Archimedes wrote: »
    They just keep throwing them, and Flah just keeps knocking them out of the park! :)

Why don't you just ask him out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Why don't you just ask him out already?

Getting Archimedes to ask him out for you is like, so primary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Have to say I'm touched at the concern the non united supporters are showing for our reserve teams performance tonight and the impact that will have on Uniteds future performances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement