Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New irish website

• 30-11-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭

New irish website dedicated to xbox 360 modding

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Doesn't seem to be. Seems to be a site selling Mods instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Doesn't seem to be. Seems to be a site selling Mods instead.

Yup. It isn't so much dedicated to 360 modding as offering modding services. You wouldn't happen to be Cyril would you? That'd be shilling :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Why "mod" my Xbox 360 console?
    To play backups of your purchased games on your console as original discs are easily scratched. We do not support the use of modded/flashed consoles to play pirated games

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

how do you join the moddable models agency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

EnterNow wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

It's only done so you can play your own backed up games, any feedback on ease of use or what else you think we need in there would be much appreciated

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    It's only done so you can play your own backed up games, any feedback on ease of use or what else you think we need in there would be much appreciated

If they were familiar with Irish law, a backup of a game/film is a pirate copy...regardless of whether it's owned by the person copying it or not. I'm confused by your last post, are you connected with this company?

If they were familiar with Irish law, a backup of a game/film is a pirate copy...regardless of whether it's owned by the person copying it or not. I'm confused by your last post, are you connected with this company?

Yes i'm part of the team behind it, is it ok to ask for feedback here

New irish website dedicated to xbox 360 modding

<snipped>

Thats shilling/advertising.
    Yes i'm part of the team behind it, is it ok to ask for feedback here

I'll have to get back to you on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Ok no worries, I just thought people might like a professional mod instead of some young fella with a soldering iron

roftl. What makes you professional? How would you know what age I am?

Ok no worries, I just thought people might like a professional mod instead of some young fella with a soldering iron

Thats not really going to endear you to whoever is going to make the call on your request. Soldering irons have served me very well over the years too ;)

Link

• Advertisement

Ok no worries, I just thought people might like a professional mod instead of some young fella with a soldering iron I would shill my site on a console modding forum, hoping to get some more business for my clearly professional outfit.

FYP.

You're taking the p*ss, you have to be.

What makes you a pro? Professional just implies you're making a living from it. If professional is meant to imply experience then I'm sure there are people here with more experience than yourself. If you have some sort of qualification I doubt it is a B.Eng in Soldering or Console Modding.

It wasn't the smartest move to come on here, shill your site or your friend's site, ask for feedback and then basically insult the members you're looking for feedback from.

As a professional website developer I might have been inclined to give you some pointers on your site and as a modder I might have been inclined to give you some ideas on how to flesh out your site. But since you insulted me and pretty much most users in this nice little community I'm going to suggest you take your shít attitude somewhere else. Somewhere more befitting your fine business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

so that,s tv getting attacked today and doc on another thread what is this forum turning into my GOD
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHRX_VucPhvNW_qEoVXG96LGnHP9Wr2ZGuAEcijQQV7E0OduG_

Why are ye all so touchy, I didn't imply anyone directly, I know there are good modders on here, I got started here, still have an ad here, I did word it wrongly and I apologize if I offended anyone

I'm not in the best of humours today, can you tell? At this stage I'm expecting a warning in one of the many forums I've been in :p

lol ye not having a good day either look at this thread sick of noobs http://www.adverts.ie/338689/laptops/dell-studio-1555-for-sale/page-6/#comment-2576078

I'm not in the best of humours today, can you tell? At this stage I'm expecting a warning in one of the many forums I've been in :p

You were right to have a go at me I was a tit, it's just I have got a few xboxs lately with pcbs hacked to **** inside them and solder everywhere, I was in no way implying any bad workmanship on you or any other good modders out there

Here's a few reasons:

1) You came on here and posted a site under the guise of it being about 360 mods, whereas it is essentially a shop for you or your team. Pretty crap thing to do

2) With reference to 1, it breaks boards.ie rules

3) With reference to 1, it breaks Console Modding rules

4) With reference to 1, it is an attempt to take legitimate business out of the modding services sticky - thereby increasing your exposure and reducing others (e.g. mine, docentores, massy's, witnessmenows etc)

5) You basically inferred that the business offers a "pro" service over some "young fella with a soldering iron". It's insulting to the people here. To make this worse you said you got started here. So at some stage you were that young fella. How'd you feel if somebody said the same thing to you? "oh, but I offer a pro service instead of your young fella with a soldering iron service".

6) With reference to 5, one of the best things in this forum is the whole "Ahh sure look, have a go yourself" nature. The fact that when somebody has a problem it's against the rules to say "Send it to me, I'll fix it, €40". We're a community helping each other out. It's what got me started and I love the attitude in the forum. You crapped on that ethos with your insult, inferring we don't know what we're at.

massy086 wrote: »
    lol ye not having a good day either look at this thread sick of noobs http://www.adverts.ie/338689/laptops/dell-studio-1555-for-sale/page-6/#comment-2576078

Fairly ****, what is Eddie messing around for. Kick 'em both

Fairly ****, what is Eddie messing around for. Kick 'em both
    thats my thought,s too

Listen I deleted my post, said I was a tit and wrong and apologised, what more the **** do you want me to do

If you'll notice I thanked your post, and we both posted at the same time, literally within seconds of each other. You can presume then that I spent a few minutes typing up my response to your previous message which was "Why so touchy".

This thread is serving no purpose, the site has been removed and I've no longer got a quarrel with you. Exit, stage left.

• Advertisement

If you'll notice I thanked your post, and we both posted at the same time, literally within seconds of each other. You can presume then that I spent a few minutes typing up my response to your previous message which was "Why so touchy".

This thread is serving no purpose, the site has been removed and I've no longer got a quarrel with you. Exit, stage left.

Ya your right, no offence meant to anyone

Listen I deleted my post, said I was a tit and wrong and apologised, what more the **** do you want me to do

Jeez, a half hour ago I left to play Sonic on my Nomad & look what this thread has evolved into :D

Ok here's the deal. We can't allow you to shill a business your conencted to/part own/have involvement with, it's against boards.ie guidelines. Therefore the links will have to remain snipped for that reason.

Now, I appreciate you've apologised to the posters about the earlier soldering iorn comment. I myself took it as a big of a dig, so a backlash from that was inevitable. TouchingVirus did thank your post, meaning what I would take as a gesture of crossed-wires, no hard feeling etc. So regards the quote above, it's out of order. There's another rule regarding us all being civil to each other too remember.

Now with that cleaned up, can we all get back to loving each other again please. Thank you.

TouchingVirus did thank your post, meaning what I would take as a gesture of crossed-wires, no hard feeling etc.

Just confirming this. It was a poor, flamey choice of words but now the background is clear and there was no ill meaning there are no hard feelings :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

one of those days, we all have them.

I just finished shooting to wasteland gangsters in F:NV. I had to let some steam off ;)

Have good-modding evening everyone!

Advertisement