Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously worst luck ever

• 30-11-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I actually think I am the most unluckiest person ever when it comes to school! I always seem to feck up. I was all ready for history christmas test and irish today. Ended up managing to screw both up and possibly now have failed both.

There are some people who seem to just to fly through school, couldn't do bad no matter how hard they try. It's depressing :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I actually think I am the most unluckiest person ever when it comes to school! I always seem to feck up. I was all ready for history christmas test and irish today. Ended up managing to screw both up and possibly now have failed both.

There are some people who seem to just to fly through school, couldn't do bad no matter how hard they try. It's depressing :(

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. You weren't able to spew out historical facts or your life as ghaeilge in two hours. So what?

I'm not belittling you, I just want you to realise that if you just take a deep breath and realise how insignificant it all is you will calm down and do a lot better. Stress and comparing yourself to others is only going to make it worse. The only reason you keep "fecking" up is because you seem to think it is all you can do. My advice would be to spend a little more time relaxing and putting it all into perspective. Its just an exam! Calm down and you'll do fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Might be a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy here

If you tell yourself you can't cope with something, you'll end up getting anxious and second guessing yourself.

And then you get a username like mine :eek:
    Don't go there OP, relax and have confidence in yourself.
    And stop comparing yourself to others. Now and again is ok but no matter what you do in life there will always be people who succeed more, do your best, that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

What makes it worse is that my school is so annoying!! My year head was going on about how her and the career guidance teacher will be having meetings with who ever does bad, and not in a kind way, more like what will we do with you kind of way. They constantly go on and on and make it sound like your a right waster and totally thick if your not doing great.

The normal teachers aren't much better, my history teacher stopped me in the hall one day in front of everyone, told me if I do bad in the test I have to do pass. Way to pile on the stress! I nearly cried today doing the test.

I just feel like telling them to f off, it's my life jeez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Don't worry about it. If you plan to go to college, it's the guys who work hard who get ahead in my experience, and most of life is like that. Once you get it, if you keep up your work rate, you'll be fine forever after. The Leaving Cert is a very arbitrary way of judging people, and very unfair in some senses (although very fair in others).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gowayuwilya

What makes it worse is that my school is so annoying!! My year head was going on about how her and the career guidance teacher will be having meetings with who ever does bad, and not in a kind way, more like what will we do with you kind of way. They constantly go on and on and make it sound like your a right waster and totally thick if your not doing great.

The normal teachers aren't much better, my history teacher stopped me in the hall one day in front of everyone, told me if I do bad in the test I have to do pass. Way to pile on the stress! I nearly cried today doing the test.

I just feel like telling them to f off, it's my life jeez!
    (1)f u were all ready for your tests how did you mange to screw them up?
    (2) Would you rather your careers teacher and year head didn't give a **** and just left you failing as you are?
    (3) Work harder,dont get mad,get even and take on board what your teachers are sayin..
    (4)

• Advertisement

In history I was panicing, sweating and couldn't remember anything. Irish I didn't translate the question right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Sounds like you need to find a way to deal with stress/panic in an exam situation. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill, just take a deep breath, have a bottle of water if possible, and take the exam one step at a time. If you really feel freaked out ask if you can take a 5 minute break in the bathroom/outside if possible.

Calm down, it's all okay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Think about it this way: it's a lot better to screw up a class test than to have it happen in the LC! :D
    (1)f u were all ready for your tests how did you mange to screw them up?
    People can panic, something else goes wrong, they screw up even if they're prepared. It happens. The trick is to learn from it, and figure out how to avoid it happening again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Don't worry OP seriously, from what I can see you have the motivation and that's a massive help :) Christmas tests mean nothing, don't stress, and don't compare yourself to others. I always do that and it feels crap :P haha so just think of what you want to do, it doesn't involve them :) And people always feel they could do better in exams, its natural, just take whatever you get on board and work on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The staff in your school sound like right toolboxes.

• Advertisement

They are, it's very strict and annoying. I'd prefer to be left alone. Thanks for the tips people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Sure I had the test written out before the teacher gave us the exam... :cool:

Haven't failed an exam in a good while now :P

Advertisement